Annual “rut report” thread

mowen

Hunted this past Sunday thru Tuesday. Nothing chasing, saw mainly doe and small fawns and one spike. Saw a few scrapes looking for a doe I shot. My buddy heard two Bucks fighting behind him. Said it was his first time hearing. Said it was loud and they were going after it. Nothing on the two cameras to speak of. Mcnairy County FYI. Cant make it back for a week and half. Assuming rut should be in full affect by then. Hope so anyways.

gobblesandgrunts

Pulled cars today on family farm warren county, deer have disappeared except few does, I'm at a loss. Hunt my other farm in cannon county all I know to do.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Aquaholic

Hunted a farm in Davidson County today... Saw 6 different bucks pushing does around... One would have been a shooter but was 500-600 yards away on the other end of the field kept chasing does in and out of the woods... But Haven't seen the first scrape or rub on this farm...

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Bgoodman30

Last two days very active saw bucks at every hour of the day mostly chasing some cruising. I saw maybe a shooter at 12:30 in the middle of a field when I pulled out for lunch...

Had a nice young 9 pointer run out of nowhere and stick his nose in a doe's behind this morning . Had one decent 3 year old cruise by at 10:30 but I let him walk.

Seems does are splitting up a little. Looks to be heating up but still no sign of mature bucks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

smyrnagc

Bgoodman30":24te2l87 said:
Last two days very active saw bucks at every hour of the day mostly chasing some cruising. I saw maybe a shooter at 12:30 in the middle of a field when I pulled out for lunch...

Had a nice young 9 pointer run out of nowhere and stick his nose in a doe's behind this morning . Had one decent 3 year old cruise by at 10:30 but I let him walk.

Seems does are splitting up a little. Looks to be heating up but still no sign of mature bucks?

What county?

Spurhunter

smyrnagc":7mqdox6z said:
Bgoodman30":7mqdox6z said:

What county?
He hunts Hickman I believe.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Snowwolfe

Cumberland county, wife was in our stand yesterday and watched a big bodied buck with one antler chasing a doe grunting the entire time. She said it was the first time she ever heard one grunt and that it sounded exactly like the grunt tubes we carry :)

PalsPal

6 pt just came through the food plot at a steady pace with nose to ground. Don't think he even got a bite to eat. Gonna keep an eye on way he entered in case big brother gets on the track.

Cumberland Cty

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

tn24

Andy S.":11ympciz said:
Friend's trail cam pic, taken few days ago in Haywood County. I'd say he thinks the rut is wide open. Look closely at the pic. :)
No doubt he's hard-horned.

Latest posts