Youth Sportsman Question

BamBam77

I've been curious about that. The TN hunting guide shows bow season closes that weekend and is split into two portions (23sep-27oct and 30oct-3nov). Seems youth exclusive, but sounds pretty odd especially if you're hunting private land

mike243

I honestly think the kids should get to hunt before anybody, seems like bow hunters get a lot more time in the woods bigger limits more opportunity ect, why the big difference?

Hduke86

I honestly think the kids should get to hunt before anybody, seems like bow hunters get a lot more time in the woods bigger limits more opportunity ect, why the big difference?
This comes up every year and the response is the same… take a kid hunting before hunting yourself as a adult. Get a crossbow and let a kid stick a deer opening weekend. Not saying "you" do that but every adult has the chance to take a kid ANYTIME they want to hunt and not just Juvenile hunt dates

Billboy

Way back, you COULD bowhunt during the Juvy hunt, just had to wear orange. Don't recall when it changed, but it is closed for archery for the kids weekend. Personally, I don't really think bowhunters have much impact on the Juvy hunt success. When I took my daughter, we never had trouble seeing deer.

scn

Way back, you COULD bowhunt during the Juvy hunt, just had to wear orange. Don't recall when it changed, but it is closed for archery for the kids weekend. Personally, I don't really think bowhunters have much impact on the Juvy hunt success. When I took my daughter, we never had trouble seeing deer.
Going all the way back to 1977, an adult has never been legal to hunt during the Young Sportsman hunt.

Ski

I've got no problem with kids having a slot all their own. I love bow hunting above all other methods but I'm happy to take a few days break to let the kids have it all to themselves. It's never hindered my ability to kill the deer I've been after.

Biggun4214

A few years ago a good friend sent me a picture of a nice buck and said consider it checked out until after church. I ask if he killed it and he said yes. I told him we would talk after church that it was juvenile only.
I confiscated the deer after he checked it out and later he paid his fines.

Ski

A few years ago a good friend sent me a picture of a nice buck and said consider it checked out until after church. I ask if he killed it and he said yes. I told him we would talk after church that it was juvenile only.
I confiscated the deer after he checked it out and later he paid his fines.

Harsh but fair is fair.

Andy S.

As stated, for Statewide, juveniles only October 28-29, 2023. With that said, there will be "some" adults legally deer hunting across the State on those dates that are participating in TWRA quota hunts, USDA quota hunts, DoD hunts, etc.

Latest posts