Youth hunting license question

dgolden

Looking for some guidance on taking my cousing turkey hunting. He is 9 years old and has not been able to take the hunter's safety course yet. He has gone deer hunting with me several times, but never actually hunting himself. I would like to take him turkey hunting on the youth hunt and try to get him his first bird. He has been shooting a .410 and 20 guage and shooting well. Does he need a license or would the type 012 apprentice hunting license be sufficient?

scn

At 9 years of age he does not need anything with the possible exception of the Type 94 permit if he is hunting on a WMA (or later in the year participating in the Special Season Antlerless deer hunts). He does not need the youth hunting license until age 13, and he is not required to be hunter safety certified until the age of 10.

His hunting will require an adult 21 years of age or older who meets the hunter safety requirements to be with him at all times when he is hunting where that adult can take immediate control of his hunting weapon.

Latest posts