You're hunting tips for the day

DMD

Tip #1: best pull rope ever - use 1" lightweight lashing. I use the lashing that came with some ladder stands I bought. Best pull up ropes EVER. NEVER EVER tangle or knot. EVER. It's a little bulky, but well worth it.

1000018643.jpg

Tip #2:
best equipment hanging system ever - get an alligator strap, like the one used to hold Summit tree stand for carrying. Slide the strap through couple old hooks fron ratchet straps. Strap around the tree. Quiet, strong, and perfect for hanging gun, bow, backpack, etc. You're welcome 👍😂
1000018644.jpg
1000018645.jpg

ImThere

And I counter with these;
Self retracting pull strap
IMG_4755.png

Hang your yugo strap from Tethrd. You can hook your items anywhere it's convenient with this sold crap holding solution
IMG_4756.png

Black Titan

And I counter with these;
Self retracting pull strap
View attachment 200455
Hang your **** strap from Tethrd. You can hook your items anywhere it's convenient with this sold crap holding solution
View attachment 200456

I have the HYS Strap. Quite nice. Is that gear hoist really any good though? Noisy winding it up? Heavy?

I've been using some dyneema that is small diameter and pretty slick. If I so much as squint at it, it wraps around the nearest branch-limb-rock-my step-itself-my bow-the ground-tree root and becomes a knotted mess. Works great as a pull down for my rappel rope but not great for a pull up.

BT

ImThere

I have the HYS Strap. Quite nice. Is that gear hoist really any good though? Noisy winding it up? Heavy?

I've been using some dyneema that is small diameter and pretty slick. If I so much as squint at it, it wraps around the nearest branch-limb-rock-my step-itself-my bow-the ground-tree root and becomes a knotted mess. Works great as a pull down for my rappel rope but not great for a pull up.

BT
There's many different ones. This is one of those double edged sword right? Get it to small and light the rope blows in the wind and wraps on everything. The strap will blow in the wind but don't seem to knot as bad. It's quite enough since you just made noise climbing the tree. The extra weight is fine since it keeps it stored so nicely.
I have actually switched to a dog tie out cable it don't tangle and is just the right weight. I just wrap it up around a pouch on my saddle. Works quite nice.

Latest posts