yellow-tinted shooting glasses?

GRAMPS

R.I.P.
Does anyone hunt with them? Reason for me asking is that I recently had cataract surgery and my prescripton glass no longer fit my new eyesight. Doc told me to wear some kind of glasses to protect my eyes until the new glasses came in(had to order them). Sunglasses were too dark so I bought some of the yellow-tinted shooting glasses at Wally World. While weedeating , I noticed they really brightened up dark areas in my yard. I think they might work the same way in the woods. Any one have any experience hunting with them?

Kimber45

No experience hunting with them but they really light up an indoor shooting range for me. Should do the same thing hunting I would think.
Did they want you to wear the glasses to "shade" your eyes or to protect from debris?

GRAMPS

R.I.P.
Doc wanted me to wear glasses to protect my "new eyes." He did not want to test for a new prescription until 2 weeks after the last surgery because my eyesight was changing every day due to the new lens he replaced on my eyes.

I think that I will wear them while squirrel hunting to see if they help.

mike243

i like them when its over cast or in thick woods,if its full sun i prefer darker lens,i need more lite than i use to,reckon its a part of aging :( mike243

Chaneylake

if you wanted to spend the extra dollars you might want to look at glasses with interchangable lens, sunshinny days, cloudy days and rainy days, I did not think that it made any difference till I got deep into skeet shooting, top quality lenses do make a difference as to what one can or can not see

Model70Man

Gramps,

I use them all the time. They really light up the early mornings and late evenings. I do not use them in the mid day however. They tend to brighten things up too much during mid day. To protect your eyes during mid day, I would look into some amber tinted polarized sunglasses. Make sure the lenses do not have the reflective coatings that make them look "cool".

Team Browning

My Nike sunglasses came with the orange lenses to switch with. The orange really pops outside. Kinda like those lame blueblocker commercials from years ago. i would say they would rock in the woods

archer19

Wore glasses for years and had a pair of perscription glasses with the yellow tint. loved them.
just had the lasik eye surgery sept. 25th
now have 20/15 vision, bought a pair of them at wally world to protect my investment. still like the way the brighten the mornings and evenings.

FULLDRAWXX75

I know they brighten the heck out of your surroundings, but two things I would caution about.

They should be UV approved for one, and if you just had surgery I would consult your doctor. They may do damage not good.

Alway make sure the are quality impact resistant as well.

FDXX75

sog

i shot trap with them for two years. they light up everything. it is hard for me to hit the clays without them

Latest posts