Food Plots Yellow Jackets

hughedj1

Working ground for plots today. 1 acre into a three acre plot and already hit 5 yellow jacket nests. Talk about a way to stir up a little excitement.

bassinbrian

Stepped on an old cross tie last year, 20 plus stings up my pants leg. Didnt hit my buisness end but burnt up my butt pretty good. Definitely STINGS!!! Got some hornet spra at a local hardware store, thick white stuff. Snuck back and sprayed the hole it killed em all. I like gas and a match, but my luck would of burned the woods down!!!

KubotaM4900

Most effective way to locate an estimate nest population---->stihl weed eater ...23 stings really thought I was gonna have to call for help

gat51

These things are hard to avoid. You never know you are in them until it's too late. I do have a good home remedy for the sting. Are you familiar with a weedy plant called broad leaf plantain? It is also called dock by locals. It's a low growing plant you probably have in your yard. Below is a link that gives a photo.

http://www.eattheweeds.com/white-mans-l ... lantain-2/

This is a great remedy for bee and wasp stings. I've used it several times on myself and kids. To use it, dig the plant. The part you want is the crown. That is the bulb between the leaves and roots. Cut away the leaves and roots, then mash the crown. You want to mash it up so the juices will be released. Hold the mashed up crown firmly against the sting for 60 seconds. Press fairly hard. The plant's juice will be drawn into the sting and give immediate relief. I've had the pain go completely away in a couple of minutes, and at the least, the pain will be significantly diminished. This is a very useful plant.

Latest posts