Yamaha Rhino

Rackseeker

Does anyone have a Rhino? How is it holding up? What kind of terrain do you use it in? (around the farm, mountains, etc.) Also does anyone know where there is a good used one for sale. THANKS.........

Hogbear

The new Ranger RZR 800 is smaller than the Rhino but it's also about $10k. Built for speed and play more than utility and runs about 60 mph.

http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/ ... eries/RZR/

I have a Brister's chuckwagon 4x4 which is on the other end of the speed spectrum at about 20 mph tops, but it goes anywhere I want it to and it cost $5900.

I think the Rhino 450 is probably the best all around for good performance/utility/price if you're not cheap like me and don't mind spending the $8k.

Spike

Do not ever waste money on a Polaris. I learned the hard way best thing on my Polaris was the, hell I can't think of one good thing. I got a whole lemmon tree when I bought mine. Yammerhammer is a good choice and Artic Cat makes one of the most solid UTVs I have been on with the Prowler. It also has more Ground clearance and a better ride.

ewc

Repost of mine-

I've got the camo 660 with a bunch of extra stuff:

CDI
Digital Dash
Aluminum top
Full set of skid plates and axle protection- aluminum
ITP rims with terracross wheels
aluminum front guard
brush guard
fender flares
cargo net
3000# winch
adapter that allows placement of winch in front or rear of Rhino
double gun cases

And probably some more stuff I can't think of. ITP tires and rims made a dramatic difference over stock tires and rims.

MJM99

gbee, I know 4 people with rhino's, and to my knowledge, none of them have had any problems with them. One I know has seen its fair share of use and has held up well. What are you going to be using it for mainly?

btw, you probably should just go ahead and plan on buying a new one, from the few used ones I have seen, you can get a new one for not much more.

I need to get pics of the one my buddy has with dual 28" EDL Vampires on the rear.... That thing looks mean and will flat out go through about anything! (and yes, he is expecting/waiting on the rear cv joint to snap with those tires on it, but he likes to be different so he says..lol)

Mathews Hunter

gbee - I've go one. It is an 06 and I have filled up the tank four times. Have not used it much. Bought it new. It is an awesome machine! The kids love the rides around the yard. I have used it to put up deer stands and to haul wood from trees I cut down in the yard. I love it but I would consider parting with it.

Mathews Hunter

gbee said:
COP1215 said:
buy a polaris ranger....waay better machine

I've heard alot of good things about the ranger. They are quite abit larger machine than the rhino. For what I'm going to be doing with one I don't think it would work out.

My neighbor has a Ranger. Totally different machine. I have been to the mountains with him in it. All I can say is I made the right decision with the Rhino. (Based on my needs)

ewc

FWIW- most of Scott Co. is extremely rugged. I ride a lot in Scott Co. - as do several that work for me - and they are all impressed with Rhinos they have riden with or drove. The rhino will go anywhere you want - and maybe places you wish you hadn't.