Yamaha big bear question

Big Ben

Ok carb is leaking bad so I am going to replace it. Only problem is it looks like the OEM carb has two electrical leads that go to it in the front. I am thinking that's a carb heater hookup. Being from warmer area do you think that is necessary. Sure save me a bunch of $$ over one from a Yamaha dealer.

keystonecop

Rebuild the carb. It's the Ethanol that is causing the problem. It has the needle valve all gummed up causing the float to stick open thus causing your leak. Have it rebuilt n then use a good ethanol additive
To your fuel. I use Startron Enzyme. The stuff in the blue bottle. Also if you get it rebuilt when you are done using the 4 wheeler cut the gas off and run all the gas outta the carb. No gas in the carb no ethanol to attract water thus no more carb leaks. Just my 2 cents.

Urban_Hunter

keystonecop":2t4liy9c said:
Rebuild the carb. It's the Ethanol that is causing the problem. It has the needle valve all gummed up causing the float to stick open thus causing your leak. Have it rebuilt n then use a good ethanol additive
To your fuel. I use Startron Enzyme. The stuff in the blue bottle. Also if you get it rebuilt when you are done using the 4 wheeler cut the gas off and run all the gas outta the carb. No gas in the carb no ethanol to attract water thus no more carb leaks. Just my 2 cents.

X2

Big Ben

I ordered a rebuild kit last night, should be in by Monday and will give that a shot. It seems it would have to be the needle valve sticking letting the bowl overfill to run it out the overflow tube like it does. Take it all apart, give it a good cleaning and put new parts in...sure hope that fixes the problem. No more straight pump gas will go in it. Local station just started selling pure gas a couple weeks ago. Was told to check the oil to make sure no gas got down into it also. Just change the oil again seems like the thing to do there.

Latest posts