Bear tracker 250

cecil30-30

I was given a yamaha bear tracker 250 and it just doesn't want to take the fuel to well when your riding it. It has a brand new carb on it. It always fires right up and idles good and will take the fuel just fine when in neutral. But once you start riding it and get out of 1st gear it starts missing and wanting to die like it doesn't want to take the fuel. It also has a new plug. Any ideas on adjusting the carb? Its kinda hard to adjust it while you're riding it.

hillbillyfab

I wonder if the new carburetor is adjusted correctly? In my experience most all of them need tweaking with the air/fuel ratio screw to get them to run properly. I like to screw it all the way in, carefully and then back it out 2 full turns and go from there.

Remington700

Good advice so far. Could be a dirty fuel line limiting fuel at higher speeds. Does it have an in line filter that could need replacing?

cecil30-30

Good advice so far. Could be a dirty fuel line limiting fuel at higher speeds. Does it have an in line filter that could need replacing?
It does. But we have replaced it already. Its weird because sitting at idle you can hold it qide open and it has no hesitation at all. Take the fuel just fine. Only does it under a load while rising it. Which makes it hard to adjust the carb.

Blockhouse

Good luck I had a similar experience with a big bear. Thought it was filter in tank, carb etc. end answer was I left the choke on too long and fouled the plug. New plug and it ran like new - don't just clean the old one - go to auto store.

cecil30-30

I had it out yesterday and tinkered with it but still not fixed. I tightened all the clamps around the carb and air box. It.does have a spark arrestor but I couldn't tell if it was clogged or not.