Yahnali

BrokenArrow

Not what it once was in the early 90's. This WMA surrounds my home . It seems to be falling from grace compared to the early 90's and the years before it was a WMA.
I still see deer but see way more pressure than in the years past. I guess with the growing popularity of Public hunting has had an affect on it as well as other PHA here in TN.
I personally feel it needs to change the way its hunted a bit. Over all spread on bucks to 4 points or better on one side and or 15" spread maybe?
I would love to see maybe an archery only or maybe Quota Hunts in Firearm season for a few years kind like LBL and a few others. Just seems its ready access from bigger cities makes it a popular destination nowadays. I noticed this at Cheatham also in the past several years. Im not trying to say I would love to see it made harder for some folks to hunt here, just feel it would improve things a bit? The Liberal doe harvest attracts quite a few out of area folks....some friendly and some not so much LOL.
Overall just my 2 cents. Good Luck to All this season and be Safe!

mike243

They are getting ready to change up turkey and maybe deer regs it looks like, might get more stricter bag limits maybe spread or points. most of the bonus buck wma have went to non bonus. I would never vote to drop guns from any area that's always been rifle just to give bow hunters more advantages. Trophy hunters have already cost us 1 buck and the way it's going they want to be like Ky which no matter what happens wont make trophy deer behind every tree.

East TN Bowhunter

They are getting ready to change up turkey and maybe deer regs it looks like, might get more stricter bag limits maybe spread or points. most of the bonus buck wma have went to non bonus. I would never vote to drop guns from any area that's always been rifle just to give bow hunters more advantages. Trophy hunters have already cost us 1 buck and the way it's going they want to be like Ky which no matter what happens wont make trophy deer behind every tree.
Yea but it might help the population grow and have an average older age class running around, wouldn't you think? Im all for seeing more deer and older deer when im hunting!

UTGrad

There is a great exodus of traditional white families from blue states to red states. The woke agenda has run off thousands if not millions of people. I don't think the liberal media truly reports the scale of this migration because it makes liberalism look bad.

With that said, city slickers are moving to Tennessee and taking up hunting. They want to adopt our lifestyle. Our public lands, along with every other aspect of our lives, are going to be affected.

BrokenArrow

I just felt like Gun season out here is getting outta hand a little. Most are responsible and respectful but the influx of the sloppy ones seems to be picking up. Too many wanna be YTube stars are showing up ...LOL
Not against YTube at all I LOVE YTube.
Just hope something can be done to benefit us all on the PHA and WMA hunts. The turkey situation seems to be widespread in SE from what I've read and seen too' not so much more pressure as some other issues I've heard about ..habitat etc. Hope we figure it out for the sake of our natural resources.
The human population near Yahnali is growing all the time since the auto industry moved in here. It has its good side in the respect of good jobs and bad that comes along with it too. I guess we better hold on to our butts over the next few years for more changes to come. Sure miss the good less populated WMA days.

BrokenArrow

There is a great exodus of traditional white families from blue states to red states. The woke agenda has run off thousands if not millions of people. I don't think the liberal media truly reports the scale of this migration because it makes liberalism look bad.

With that said, city slickers are moving to Tennessee and taking up hunting. They want to adopt our lifestyle. Our public lands, along with every other aspect of our lives, are going to be affected.
Can't say I blame them for escaping the grind of big city life. The Concrete jungles are not my habitat..lol
Maybe TN needs to secure more undeveloped land before we run ourselves outta room here? The eastern US is just more populated since the US was settled from east to west. Seems someone has a stake in every corner nowadays.
People out west got way more room to roam than here for now anyway. Progress can be a double edged sword!

SSlater

A lot of hunters are obviously moving here too. Lots of yankees are hunters.

deerfever

That place has been advertised to death for turkey,deer or whatever else. I can't imagine the pressure that is there with it being near Nashville. Making the gun season shotgun/ muzzleloader would probably help with the issue and putting a quota on turkey hunters for the first two weeks of season could also help. I hope it.all.works out !

ImThere

I see more deer than people every time I hunt there. Same during Turkey season. More turkeys than people. I only hunt on weekends. Have you guys tried hunting during the week if your areas are overcrowded?

BrokenArrow

That place has been advertised to death for turkey,deer or whatever else. I can't imagine the pressure that is there with it being near Nashville. Making the gun season shotgun/ muzzleloader would probably help with the issue and putting a quota on turkey hunters for the first two weeks of season could also help. I hope it.all.works out !
Its definitely not a Shagri La .....LOL.

BrokenArrow

I see more deer than people every time I hunt there. Same during Turkey season. More turkeys than people. I only hunt on weekends. Have you guys tried hunting during the week if your areas are overcrowded?
Sounds like you have found Shangri La? Good to hear you are getting undisturbed hunting!

timberjack86

I just felt like Gun season out here is getting outta hand a little. Most are responsible and respectful but the influx of the sloppy ones seems to be picking up. Too many wanna be YTube stars are showing up ...LOL
Not against YTube at all I LOVE YTube.
Just hope something can be done to benefit us all on the PHA and WMA hunts. The turkey situation seems to be widespread in SE from what I've read and seen too' not so much more pressure as some other issues I've heard about ..habitat etc. Hope we figure it out for the sake of our natural resources.
The human population near Yahnali is growing all the time since the auto industry moved in here. It has its good side in the respect of good jobs and bad that comes along with it too. I guess we better hold on to our butts over the next few years for more changes to come. Sure miss the good less populated WMA days.
Don't worry, they've already brought up selling it a couple years ago. It's coming and not just for yanahli wma I'm afraid. All these newcomers are going to have to have somewhere to live. I'd probably enjoy what I have for now and not worry about restricting others. The louder you yell the more these bureaucrats will start eyeballing our public lands. Just my opinion.

MickThompson

Antler restrictions don't work very well on places that lay like Yanahli- stretched out, chopped up, with lots of public/private edges and deer spending as much time on private where they're "fair game" as on public where they're protected.

killingtime 41

Every place I hunt is over run with people anymore. Shooting anything and everything. It's not just conservatives moving from liberal states either. Plenty of liberals moving from liberal states to TN. Even if they say I'm conservative they're brand of conservative and ours are not the same. They bring big city conservatism from a blue state which is mostly liberalism with a twist. We need more public land that's really the only answer. Before it's all turned into a subdivision

Latest posts