Xpress Bass Boats question.

Kirk

Looking for a little real world information on the Xpress X21 Bass boats. I can literally buy one of these for half the price of a Caymas or Phoenix. Does anyone have one or know someone that does. I have never had an aluminum boat so I was wondering ride verses glass boats. Durability and handling waves during rough weather.

x21pro-blue-front-w.png

JBell

I have a buddy with a 18' xpress. It's better than most aluminum boats. I'm sure the 20-21' ones are better. The hull design is built to cut waves better than most semi-v's. Naturally they are lighter so they will be rougher. But there are some pro fishermen that are switching to the aluminum boats. So must not be to terrible

WilcoKen

Ive had 2 Xpress boats. They get out of the hole fast and ride very good on plane. The hulls on mine were Hyperlift hulls. They look like a fiberglass boat. You will always get compliments at the ramp about the looks of the boat. Mine were light so fishing in wind was a little tougher. First had a Yamaha 2 stroke and the 2nd has a Yamaha 4 stroke. Good boats!

Kirk

I am pleased to hear that the Xpress boats are stable in rough water. I have always had the heavier Stratos boats and they were always really stable and didn't bounce around alot.

Hduke86

Got a buddy that went from Rangers and Tritons that only will have Xpress x-21s now. Caymus are super super nice boats but that's a whole bunch of gas money to have in the pocket. I've fished off the x-21 a handful of times and never once felt that it was not stable and especially in "rough" water.

Spurhunter

I have an Xpress X19. I love the boat and it fits my needs, but if you fish rough water a lot I would stick to glass. I'm on all the Xpress boats pages and people ask about rough water handling all the time. I see a lot of people saying they are just as good as glass. They aren't. Unless you buy a Lund or something like that aluminum just doesn't handle rough water like glass. I prefer an aluminum bass boat over glass for several reasons, but I don't fish tournaments. I fish when I want to. If the wind is going to be excessive and the water is going to be really rough I'm not fighting it. I'll get my yard work done that day and fish the next.

TNReb

I looked at them a little bit before ordering a new Bass Cat.

The main thing that ruled it out for me was the length of the X21 on the trailer and lack of a collapsible tongue. They claim the overall length is 26'10". I don't have that much storage space.

Kirk

I looked at them a little bit before ordering a new Bass Cat.

The main thing that ruled it out for me was the length of the X21 on the trailer and lack of a collapsible tongue. They claim the overall length is 26'10". I don't have that much storage space.
I decided to go with the X19 because the X21 was way to long for my run out from the basement. Not enough room to pull it out of garage and clear the garage door opening. The X21 is a loooong boat.

TNReb

I decided to go with the X19 because the X21 was way to long for my run out from the basement. Not enough room to pull it out of garage and clear the garage door opening. The X21 is a loooong boat.
Congrats. I'm sure you will love it.

Latest posts