XFL

Jcalder

It's picked up in the second quarter. Still gonna be hard pressed to compete with the nfl. If the nfl wouldn't look at it from a competitor standpoint and put some money into it for a reputable training program it could be successful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jcalder

RobbyW":39syxls5 said:
Did you catch the immediate regret about interviewing players walking off the field after a scrum?

I seen they were a little slow at cutting the audio lol

FTG-05

RobbyW":259dia5a said:
Did you catch the immediate regret about interviewing players walking off the field after a scrum?

Just saw a highlight clip on YT.

What was the regret about?

Jcalder

FTG-05":3lytdry7 said:
RobbyW":3lytdry7 said:

Just saw a highlight clip on YT.

What was the regret about?
probably when the guy dropped the F bomb and it wasn't muted out lol.

BamaProud

Jcalder":3cefcu4k said:
It's picked up in the second quarter. Still gonna be hard pressed to compete with the nfl. If the nfl wouldn't look at it from a competitor standpoint and put some money into it for a reputable training program it could be successful.

I don't think the XFL is planning in any way to compete with the NFL. NFL caliber players will still play in the NFL for NFL money. What might happen is a player like Cam Newton, or Tebow, or Johnny Manzel, Tua, some phenomenal receiver, or pass rusher etc... could leave College football after 1 or 2 years and play for 6 figures (and endorsement money) in the XFL before moving on to the NFL. College isn't for everybody.

Jcalder

BamaProud":2wrpnlvw said:
Jcalder":2wrpnlvw said:

I don't think the XFL is planning in any way to compete with the NFL. NFL caliber players will still play in the NFL for NFL money. What might happen is a player like Cam Newton, or Tebow, or Johnny Manzel, Tua, some phenomenal receiver, or pass rusher etc... could leave College football after 1 or 2 years and play for 6 figures (and endorsement money) in the XFL before moving on to the NFL. College isn't for everybody.
I don't disagree at all. My thoughts were if the nfl actually would promote this league, or any of the other leagues as a lower tier, training league it could be successful. A player like Maurice clarett comes to mind as well.

cardia10

At least it allows actual contact and can get us through this long stretch without football. A little quirky, but it is kind of nice seeing full contact again.