WY Pronghorn

AT Hiker

Mount I worked on this morning. Big Tex's mount he finished up motivated me to work on this one I killed a couple years ago.

This is the first year in 5 years I think that I didnt hunt for Pronghorn, at least shoot some does while deer hunting. My freezer looks naked without that delicious prairie rat meat!

Buzzard Breath and I talked about doing a TNdeer antelope hunt, Im ready to start talking about it.

Its a upright altered to a floor pedestal and eye rotation. The fence post is from WY, I picked it up a few years ago. It still has to dry and finish work is needed but the "hard" part is done. Man I hate sewing!

Sorry for crappy cell phone pics, once finished I will take better ones and post them up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigtex

Re: WY Pronghorn

Lookin good!!Much better eye detail than on mine. Love the fence post!!!!
I almost always use the rotated eyes on deer mounts but didn't on my "goat" I wish I had now.
Yeah, sewing those things is a biatch, luckily they have that mane going up the middle of the back that hides the stitches. Pain in the rear keeping the hair out of the stitches though.

AT Hiker

True story with the eye rotation. I couldnt level out the fence post, form and bracket. So I did what any taxidermist would do and rolled with it. I went ahead and gave him some more tilt and eye rotation to give that "aggressive" look. Problem solved and it looks even more natural.

Buzzard Breath

After seeing GOODWINS pic thingy at the side, it got me thinking. We could all grow mullets and come up with a cool team name before heading out. I know I'm 100% perfectly capable of growing one. Not that I've ever had one or anything....................

bigtex

Buzzard Breath":odt9mltu said:
I know I'm 100% perfectly capable of growing one. Not that I've ever had one or anything....................
I bet you wore it well :super: :super:

GOODWIN

I'm bout halfway there. Could have a real nice Tennessee waterfall come next fall. We would represent well.

AT Hiker

Name: Team Mullet
Story: whackin and stackin WY Pronghorns since the 1970's.
Mission: bringing back mullets because retro hunting is the new metro

Then we can steal Spook Spans "catching the world on fire" saying and have it painted on the hoods of our T-top Z-28 camero's.