Spare Pronghorn Skull?

LanceS4803

I am looking for a pronghorn skull, without the horn. (I had already removed them.)
Some critter chewed up the one I was working on for a euro mount. Actually took it out of a bucket of water! Never had the problem in doing deer, coyote, beaver skulls.
I realize this is a real long shot.

LanceS4803

Thanks.
The horn bone size doesn't really matter as I can shave down to fit or bondo covers the smallness. Just a good clean one to bleach.
I may send my taxidermist in UT a message and ask if he has one somebody never picked up.

Redfox

I ordered a fake skull several years ago. It looks as good or better than any of my real ones. I just found it via google search. I'm pretty sure the guy was in Wyoming.

AT Hiker

Good luck finding a skull. Your best bet is finding someone willing to gift you a legal road kill or something like that. Your angles will be off but sounds like to understand that and you're willing to adjust the bone as much as you can. Which will not impact any type of B&C score, if that matters.
Those sheaths do come off but people wanting a shoulder mount, 99% of the time use the skull. It's just the nature of pronghorn taxidermy. Of course euro "mounts" use the entire skull.
The artificial skulls work and the more you pay, typically the better the quality is. However, try to keep them out of direct sunlight because they all yellow. Yes, you can periodically paint them.
Pro tip, those artificial skulls handle a fall from the wall much better than the real deal.

Huntaholic

I am looking for a pronghorn skull, without the horn. (I had already removed them.)
Some critter chewed up the one I was working on for a euro mount. Actually took it out of a bucket of water! Never had the problem in doing deer, coyote, beaver skulls.
I realize this is a real long shot.
Im your huckleberry. Shoot me a PM and we will get you taken care of. Ive got one outside hanging in a tree if some critter hasnt stole it. If that one is gone I have another one in the freezer. No charge, just figure out a way to get it, whether that be you come get it, I meet you somewhere, whatever.

LanceS4803

IF you take care of the meat (skinned and quartered within 30 min of the kill) they are the best wild game out there. If you don't,... well I'm not even sure my dogs would eat that.

Antelope is my FAVORITE wild game if handled properly
It was text book. No running, neck shot, instantly dropped dead. Loaded and taken back to camp whole and skinned, quartered and on ice super quick. Wet aged 7 days.
As for smell, I didn't believe it but they DO smell like Fritos!