Pronghorn

redheadshooter

Monday around noon marked the culmination of a 2 year endeavor to harvest my first pronghorn. These are the epitome of a Great Plains animal. Light, fast, and eyesight that you wouldn't believe. If you want to test your ability as a hunter, try to spot and stalk these! I was able to close in to 113 yards on North America's fastest land animal and make a great shot on this buck. I couldn't be more proud of him!
5febc7d5b52a1cbc09bb03bad556d2a2.jpg
2d00cbbc1fc9daf2f9bc7ea1d5076f6d.cr2
dcce07c21bb49866a5efefbc178cf7f6.jpg
db7c6501cde7333bf5ca49aa7af6886d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AT Hiker

Re: Pronghorn

Fantastic! Notice the muzzle loader, what state...CO, no scope? I had a WY muzzle loader tag a few years ago, that tested my shooting abilities quite well.

Well done on that "Prairie Lobster". [emoji41]

Boll Weevil

Well done!

I'll never forget as a kid, the men/boys of the church would cut, split, and deliver firewood for the elderly and shut-ins every fall. One fellow hunted out west every year and would fire up the pit for whatever he happened to kill that fall. Mulie was good, elk was great, but that pronghorn really sticks out...man was that some fantastic eats.

bigtex

Awesome and congrats!! I love hunting Antelope. I said last year I probably wouldn't go again but my trigger finger is starting to itch.

AT Hiker

bigtex":1d2rg01y said:
Awesome and congrats!! I love hunting Antelope. I said last year I probably wouldn't go again but my trigger finger is starting to itch.

The first sign of addiction is denial[emoji14]

bigtex

AT Hiker":1qa55128 said:
bigtex":1qa55128 said:

The first sign of addiction is denial[emoji14]

LOL, yep, you got me!!!!

Latest posts