Work Tournament 3/16/11

kdxdude

Chickamauga was muddy & they were pulling a bunch of water today, very strong current. We struggled today & had 3 keepers that weighed in at 7.85 lbs, well out of the $$$$. 1st place had 19.85 lbs, 2nd place had 19.40 & 3rd had 15.75. No pics this time, forgot my camera.

We blasted off at 7:30 this morn, when I got to my first spot there was a turkey on the ridge to my West that was absolutely tearin the woods down. I bet he gobbled a hundred times. I heard 6-8 different gobblers & wound up seein about a dozen or so. Made for a good mornin even though the fish weren't bitin for me. God Bless & have a GREAT day!!!

kdxdude

KY-TNHunter said:
I have heard a lot of good things about Chickamauga Lake.

Is it as good as people say it is?

Chickamauga has been producing some really good sacks so far this year. Last month's CBA tx it took 30 lbs to win & 20+ to finish in the top ten. This month's CBA tx, in high & muddy water with temps that had dropped, 23+ lbs won & it took 19 lbs to finish in top ten. My partner & I had our personal best 5-fish limit last month with 20.50 lbs. There was a little dogfight tx where the first guy that was out of the money had 20+ lbs, that had to be a heartbreaker.

There were a lot of wrapped boats on the water yesterday, I believe there is a FLW tx on the Chick next month. The Castrol boat & Gene Larew boat were fishing in the same areas I was yesterday.

Latest posts