Work Sharp K&TS

DaveB

I like my hunting knives to be sharp. I used and still have Lansky stones for decades until I got smart (this site actually) and got my first WorkSharp. Then, it broke and because it was out of warranty a few years no fix.

After a lengthy(6 or 7 months) argument with myself I got over my anger at WorkSharp and got a new one. Few weeks ago organized a work area and lined up everything I wanted sharp. Started off with coarse and right away noticed my old blade angle was not available so I had to recut the angle on every knife. 3 belts and 2 weeks later I finished the last coarse cut. Lot of blades had holes in the steel.

Next came the medium belt and took nearly two weeks getting everything smoothed out. Took one to Wife and asked her to use it until it went dull and let me know. She was back in two days, and sure enough the edge rolled over. So out came the fine belt and this took another ten days. As each one finished I grabbed my strop and hit each side 4 times. These blades are now killer sharp and initial testing shows the edge is holding stable.

We have a serrated knife that was very dull and I passed it a few times through the sharpener. Did a pretty good job putting an edge back on the blade.

Latest posts