Wool Long Johns

Muddpuppy

I have been wondering if any one would be interested in having wool long johns. I have access to lots of wool material. My mother owns a garmet mfg facility, and could throw something together.

DntBrnDPig

I use merino wool base layers / long johns right now. If its not a fine wool - it will be itchy as Hades.

I'd be a tester if you wanted to throw something together.

Muddpuppy

I thought it possibly would be a little itchy for a base layer. If I ever get around to putting a pattern together, I would like to send out a few pair to be field tested free of charge of course. I haven't put a whole lot of time or thought into this yet. If. There seems to be some interest in this type of product I can have some made.

DntBrnDPig":2kxe88xg said:
I use merino wool base layers / long johns right now. If its not a fine wool - it will be itchy as Hades.

I'd be a tester if you wanted to throw something together.

I will keep you at the top of the list when I get something made.

PillsburyDoughboy

It really does not get cold enough around here any more for wool. When I use to hunt up north and out west I swore by it. I have some of the new Merino stuff and its just too much for most days.

Coldfusion

I'm game to field test. I don't like different materials a whole lot so I usually wear under armour style summer weight top and bottoms as a buffer them layer the warm fuzzy stuff

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

PillsburyDoughboy

Stykbow":14bhxa12 said:
Wool long johns; I'm itching just thinking about it. Now wool shirts and pants I could go for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too would like to try some wool pants . I'm always in the market for wool pants . Blaze Orange wool would be nice market to corner .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muddpuppy

I am requesting some samples from the wool supplier to test some different wool blends. I hadn't thought about pants or shirts in blaze orange but that is an excellent idea. I will find out what colors are available. I don't know if they have many color choices. From what I have read on the web wool is pretty hard to dye. I will keep posted.

Muddpuppy

greygoose":3i7vee2x said:
id like to volunteer for the "extended" size fellows.i figure youd want to be fair and give people of all sizes a chance to test :tu:
Once I come up with something they will be offered in all sizes, as I am a little on the "extended" size myself.

Muddpuppy

Matador":7qoik2u3 said:
Here,s another ideal. How about wool boot blankets. (If you have some real thick wool)
What we currently have is not real thick, but I would like to more understand what you are referring to as boot blankets. Is this something that is already on the market, or just something you have thought would help. I am open to any suggestions. We have the ability to make just about anything.

Matador

They have been around for years. I just haven't seen any made with wool. They are just basically shaped like your boot.They are made to slip on over your boot after you get in stand for more insulation. Goggle them for a pic. I just figured a pair made out of heavy wool might be simpler to carry and use instead of the bulky ones. I personnaly like Wool, its a good insulator.

Deer Whisperer

I love wool base layers. Merino grade or finer is best. The course stuff will itch bad. I have some pretty good sweaters, but don't have enough bottoms. Also would be interested in a wool balaclava. I will be glad to test anything and would be willing to pay. Keep me posted.

Latest posts