Merino wool detergent

Speedwell-Hunter

Is a scent blocking detergent that is not specifically made for merino wool OK to wash my merino base layer pants and wool socks in? Or do I have to use a wool specific detergent?

I have that wildlife research lab detergent that I use on other clothes but making sure it's OK on Marino

Thx

Speedwell-Hunter

Here is the wool detergent i have at home

I'm just worried that it will make it to scenty

Analysis?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 33

Hduke86

I hand wash all my wool base layers in cool water. Do not use fabric softener on it and I would use a wool specific detergent or soap. I actually use plant-based natural dish soap and VERY little of it. I let it soak in cool water for about 15 minutes and i hand agitate it. To dry I lay them on a towel and cover with another towel and press down to get the majority of the water out of them. I hang dry on a long wood dowel rod cause hangers will cause deformed shoulders areas and neck areas. Merino wool cost to much to not take the extra care to make it last and be comfortable.

Last edited:

Wrangler95

I just saw that some companies say to turn them inside out to wash!I just bought some merino socks that are 80 percent lambs wool and I want to do what the manufacture says to do!

Latest posts