WOOF...

biglefty20

Nice. Yep duck lease only looking to be worth it if you can pay half and start hunting in January... Taking off in the summer usually cost me more money in lost opportunities but I still take my share.. I love fishing in the gulf I have a CC boat in Orange beach and sometimes Its hard to find a crew to go out. Holla..
Holler if you need someone to go ! I make 1-2 trips to fl to fish inshore and I'm off during the summer

I'm pretty much done duck hunting here beside few local wood duck spots and a yearly trip to Texas for a good 3-4 day hunt - this year was our best by far there

Don'tDrinkTinks

Well here's the latest Ariel Survey for Arkansas. Holy crap it's bad.

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/22/02/382FF532-476D-4C8A-A9B2-0ED117DE2133/FILE_1999.pdf

Don'tDrinkTinks

IMG_4842.png

IMG_4842.png

Bgoodman30

It's sad really. It's a game of the haves and the have nots in AR. Even some of the haves are struggling right now and the have nots are SOL…. By haves I mean like the white oak duck woods etc. Spots where they can have their own private reserves. West TN is dead right now most folks I run with aren't even hunting…

Bgoodman30

I'm hoping with this terrible season more birds will survive to make it back north this spring to breed. Could be wishful thinking but gives me hope
You never can tell. It's more about habitat IMO. I was thinking that the lack of pressure in Canada from Covid was going to send more birds down but that never seemed to come into fruition..

Don'tDrinkTinks

It's sad really. It's a game of the haves and the have nots in AR. Even some of the haves are struggling right now and the have nots are SOL…. By haves I mean like the white oak duck woods etc. Spots where they can have their own private reserves. West TN is dead right now most folks I run with aren't even hunting…
I agree with this 100%. White oaks… struggling. Strait Lake… struggling. Cache River Farms… struggling. Those are BIG money outfits. We've hunted once at our AR flooded rice field lease and killed 3 ducks. Had a member go pick up his wheeler today and hunted and didn't even see a duck. Drought and warm temps have punched this season square in the balls.

UT-longbeard

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
View attachment 208587

You can look at this graph and see duck numbers in TN have fallen off a lot recently.

I don't know what is going on with the current weekly count. But they have erased the 2021-2022 and 2022-2023 season data. They do mot have any of the current season counts up at all either. Seems a little fishy to me.
Anything related to twra and "information" is fishy. You can bank on that.

Bo Diddley

I agree with this 100%. White oaks… struggling. Strait Lake… struggling. Cache River Farms… struggling. Those are BIG money outfits. We've hunted once at our AR flooded rice field lease and killed 3 ducks. Had a member go pick up his wheeler today and hunted and didn't even see a duck. Drought and warm temps have punched this season square in the balls.
I'm quite certain one of the farms you mentioned is not struggling at all. But what I could tell while in Arkansas was they are hurting for water and ducks. Not nearly as bad as west TN though.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Thanks, all of the TWRA links take you to the 2021 couts. They did work back around Dec 1. I even did a google search for them yesterday and everything i pulled up was old counts.
I don't think TWRA is flying counts. If I remember right, the pilot retired right around the end of 21, and the plane was in pretty bad shape. I have not heard of them buying a new(er) plane or hiring a pilot to fly one.

Bgoodman30

I don't think TWRA is flying counts. If I remember right, the pilot retired right around the end of 21, and the plane was in pretty bad shape. I have not heard of them buying a new(er) plane or hiring a pilot to fly one.
I know they count white lake from the ground or by boat however effective that may be….

Latest posts