WOOF...

JagwalCrush

View attachment 208587

You can look at this graph and see duck numbers in TN have fallen off a lot recently.

I don't know what is going on with the current weekly count. But they have erased the 2021-2022 and 2022-2023 season data. They do mot have any of the current season counts up at all either. Seems a little fishy to me.
Made a trip through Duck River last week, saw many more snows and specks than ducks. Then went to Busseltown….. I really like the fact that they put the gate up to keep everyone from disturbing the birds. Funny how you can drive all the way through Duck River, not that there is any to disturb . IMO, Busseltown is closed down so everyone can't see what's NOT there. By the way, did not see or hear a Duck or goose from the Busseltown observation point.

yellalinehunter

Word I'm getting is snow cover nonexistent up north. The seasons are closed there so no pressure on them, they can dry feed at will, and they still have open water. Till it freezes up and snow covers their food in the fields we can pretty much forget about it.
Last two weeks of our season May be worth it

Dodge Man

Last two weeks of our season May be worth it
Polar vortex expected late January.
I Don't like future forecast this far out, but this is a interesting prediction for 1/24/2024

Attachments

• IMG_1903.jpeg
    IMG_1903.jpeg
    105.9 KB · Views: 12

OffHand85

The sanctuary on the lower hatchie was pretty empty, besides the 6-8 thousand snows, a few hundred ducks in the far back, front pond was empty looked like they were working on it, some divers on the pond in the back , didn't hear hardly any shooting all weekend. Could usually see how full little champion is from 87, least amount of water I've ever seen in it from the road, I wonder what the boat ramp on big champion looks like, has to be horrible conditions, I know the honey hole is dry on big champion.

Cache

2-Step Enabled
Went yesterday for the first time since opener. Worst I've seen it this late in the season. Good bit of fields holding water in Arkansas but from Brinkley to West Memphis I counted 3 fields with ducks and none of them had more than 100.

yellalinehunter

Went yesterday for the first time since opener. Worst I've seen it this late in the season. Good bit of fields holding water in Arkansas but from Brinkley to West Memphis I counted 3 fields with ducks and none of them had more than 100.
All up north is open and warm. No reason to move. Suppose to get colder later this week up there but no water here means if they make it they may keep going.

Don'tDrinkTinks

I'm setting a cell cam in the next day or two in our flooded rice field outside of Turrell. We had a couple hundred on it last week on the way in for an afternoon hunt and once they got up we never fired a shot.

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
I'm setting a cell cam in the next day or two in our flooded rice field outside of Turrell. We had a couple hundred on it last week on the way in for an afternoon hunt and once they got up we never fired a shot.
Thats the way it is now. Used to bust them out and they would trickle back in making a good hunt. The last few years they leave and don't come back.

Latest posts