WOOF...

Bgoodman30

I decided the same and can't be happier I did with the results I'm hearing from my crew, I still have a couple weeks in January I plan to hunt but none of the usual take off from work all season hunt 50 days or so….. instead I've opted to take 3 weeks off in early summer to saltwater fish in the gulf

Nice. Yep duck lease only looking to be worth it if you can pay half and start hunting in January... Taking off in the summer usually cost me more money in lost opportunities but I still take my share.. I love fishing in the gulf I have a CC boat in Orange beach and sometimes Its hard to find a crew to go out. Holla..

Dodge Man

I decided this year to take a season off from a duck lease for the first time since 06 and It looks like I haven't missed a thing... Yikes
I have a great private blind that cost me nothing to hunt and several other options and I have not hunted a single day this year. It is awful so far.

Bgoodman30

People have been saying that for the past few years and every year it gets noticeably worse.

I hope its just cycle. Just no consistency. The year before last was a bang up season.. Last year after the Christmas storm I thought it was going to be lights out and then the weather went to crap again... We had a ton more water 3 seasons ago and before.. Ducks got to have water..

I feel sorry for my dog he's doing a lot of moping..

Boll Weevil

I'm not a duck hunter so know nothing about it but do check in here to look at pics, pass the time when I'm bored, etc. Other than weather sounds like the hunting has gotten worse over the years vs. improved. I've also heard numbers of duck hunters appear to be increasing so maybe the pressure and competition have something to with it?

Any thoughts?

Bgoodman30

I'm not a duck hunter so know nothing about it but do check in here to look at pics, pass the time when I'm bored, etc. Other than weather sounds like the hunting has gotten worse over the years vs. improved. I've also heard numbers of duck hunters appear to be increasing so maybe the pressure and competition have something to with it?

Any thoughts?

Yes for sure when the ducks are here. The duck numbers in TN are abysmal. Ducks need water first and foremost and when its cold and frozen up they need high calorie food. The MS is at 4 feet and Obion is .1 that means a lot of dry duck holes.. We need strong regular artic storm fronts to keep the birds moving south and we have had almost none of that...

yellalinehunter

Any thoughts?
All the above! Lol

yellalinehunter

Yes for sure when the ducks are here. The duck numbers in TN are abysmal. Ducks need water first and foremost and when its cold and frozen up they need high calorie food. The MS is at 4 feet and Obion is .1 that means a lot of dry duck holes.. We need strong regular artic storm fronts to keep the birds moving south and we have had almost none of that...
Lack of water also concentrates hunters to available water. So more pressure and less places to go and spread out

Bgoodman30

Past several times it's gotten to be a frigid morning (for around here, 24 degrees fits the bill), I notice it's no cooler all the way up to Prairie Canada.

Yep their weather is not much cooler than ours. They should be subzero lows by now and northern MO should be frozen or freezing now but they have highs in the 50's next week....

Latest posts