WOOF...

Bgoodman30

I had TC3 pool yesterday but didn't make it because I picked up the crud while traveling... They didn't fire a shot...

Dodge Man

I had TC3 pool yesterday but didn't make it because I picked up the crud while traveling... They didn't fire a shot...
Those pools are only good when the refuge is holding 100,000 ducks and you get some bad weather or cold temps and bad weather. The refuge is holding about 1/4 the ducks it has had the past several years.

Bgoodman30

Those pools are only good when the refuge is holding 100,000 ducks and you get some bad weather or cold temps and bad weather. The refuge is holding about 1/4 the ducks it has had the past several years.

They can be pretty good sometimes. We killed a few in TC6 in December when a lot of prime spots didn't fire a shot..

Mud Creek

We drew pool 8@TC yesterday. Wife getting Covid and a family death kept me from going. Think they saw 9 ducks before shooting light. They never fired a shot. Warden told them 3 ducks got killed

Bgoodman30

We drew pool 8@TC yesterday. Wife getting Covid and a family death kept me from going. Think they saw 9 ducks before shooting light. They never fired a shot. Warden told them 3 ducks got killed

That may have been in all of dyer county... Talked to a buddy about a spot on the north side of WL with more food than the refuge and they also didn't fire a shot. With how terrible it is if there is no wind in the forecast you might as well forget it... ;) 😥

Mud Creek

That may have been in all of dyer county... Talked to a buddy about a spot on the north side of WL with more food than the refuge and they also didn't fire a shot. With how terrible it is if there is no wind in the forecast you might as well forget it... ;) 😥

I've been maybe 3-4 times this year. No shots fired, no ducks seen since teal opener. Total bust. Sucks but nothing to do about it. I'll be in a blind the last weekend to cook and eat a duck blind breakfast and thats good enough for me to end on I guess. Hope for better next season. Also hope I win the lottery to buy Rusy Creasey out.

Bgoodman30

I've been maybe 3-4 times this year. No shots fired, no ducks seen since teal opener. Total bust. Sucks but nothing to do about it. I'll be in a blind the last weekend to cook and eat a duck blind breakfast and thats good enough for me to end on I guess. Hope for better next season. Also hope I win the lottery to buy Rusy Creasey out.

Like I said in a previous post. Its the haves and the have nots!

Bgoodman30

Does Redrum kill them anymore?

I was in with them for a couple seasons after they bought the farm I hunted for 15 years…. Luke's not killing them out of their old hole. New hole Rice farm not having a great season but January was when things turned on…

Westtnduckhtr

I was in with them for a couple seasons after they bought the farm I hunted for 15 years…. Luke's not killing them out of their old hole. New hole Rice farm not having a great season but January was when things turned on…
Looked years ago at buying the farm to the west of them. They were not killing many at the time then it turned on and they decided not to sell then several years later it sold. Flooded bad and leaving your truck at the Great River Road did not seem appealing to me, I passed.

Bgoodman30

Looked years ago at buying the farm to the west of them. They were not killing many at the time then it turned on and they decided not to sell then several years later it sold. Flooded bad and leaving your truck at the Great River Road did not seem appealing to me, I passed.
Well you messed up lol. Place is as good as it gets when it's right. But yes I could share plenty of stories of $hit we broke from that horrid 2.5 mi access from the refuge. We tried about every vehicle and boat there is and found a way…

Bgoodman30

Not like it used to, the new owners didn't really hunt it the same. It has some good days occasionally.
You mean the old RR hole or new club? The new owners of RR hole is Luke and co and they certainly don't hunt the same and especially the same pressure. New RR club downsized and reorganized to say the least….

Dodge Man

You mean the old RR hole or new club? The new owners of RR hole is Luke and co and they certainly don't hunt the same and especially the same pressure. New RR club downsized and reorganized to say the least….
I had totally forgot that Luke bought it. I was still thinking of the guys that had it before him. I knew some of the guys that were guiding for him and have continued to work for Luke. a

But it is nothing like the original owners were killing. I knew them most of my life and hunted with them several times.

Westtnduckhtr

Well you messed up lol. Place is as good as it gets when it's right. But yes I could share plenty of stories of $hit we broke from that horrid 2.5 mi access from the refuge. We tried about every vehicle and boat there is and found a way…
That was it and one of the reasons, could never forget how to get there with out a helicopter 😀

Smashdn

I'm hoping with this terrible season more birds will survive to make it back north this spring to breed. Could be wishful thinking but gives me hope

That was what we were told last year and look at how the numbers played out.

Regarding the numbers "since 2016" that someone alluded to, they well have been dropping, but that wasn't really my point at all. It was the constant "greatest flight expected" and other pink smoke only for the reality to smack me hard upside the head come late December.

I remember 99-00. I don't know what the counts were then but I remeber what the hunting was like, how many we had around here and how they behaved.

I am sure it wasn't anything like previous decades' boom years but it was pretty darn good and got me hooked.

Bgoodman30

I had totally forgot that Luke bought it. I was still thinking of the guys that had it before him. I knew some of the guys that were guiding for him and have continued to work for Luke. a

But it is nothing like the original owners were killing. I knew them most of my life and hunted with them several times.
Funny to hear the west TN rumor mill concerning this club. 21-22 was the clubs best year and before that 2012 season. But yes the original owners and guides are gone now… It was a real mess long story…

Bgoodman30

That was it and one of the reasons, could never forget how to get there with out a helicopter 😀
IMG_1480.jpeg

Pretty much that's me unloading one of the many vehicles we sunk lol. Like I said we tried everything.

Latest posts