Winding down quick

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Guess I am going tomorrow.
Not gonna be able to hunt next weekend.
I guess time will tell whether I go the last weekend or not.
Very disappointed yet again.
Depending on what the outfitter has and where it is located, how easy access is etc. will dictate if I go back to Missouri next year.

Wish we could find a decent hole closer to home.
Don't need a 1,000 duck hole, just would like to kill a limit at least once.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the season.

WilcoKen

Buddy rolled up to our field yesterday about 4 and sent me a video. Tons of geese and alot of ducks got up. Supposedly has a limit this morning but wont send pics. I was tempted to head over and hunt tomorrow but Ive been bit too many times. Im done with it--even if I get a pic of a full strap later. 1 good hunt out of 30 (over 2 years) dont cut it for me.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Buddy rolled up to our field yesterday about 4 and sent me a video. Tons of geese and alot of ducks got up. Supposedly has a limit this morning but wont send pics. I was tempted to head over and hunt tomorrow but Ive been bit too many times. Im done with it--even if I get a pic of a full strap later. 1 good hunt out of 30 (over 2 years) dont cut it for me.
Pics or it didn't happen definitely.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled

He probably shot and at should have had a limit. Maybe too rusty, forgot how to shoot.

WilcoKen

Depending on what the outfitter has and where it is located, how easy access is etc. will dictate if I go back to Missouri next year.

One thing I've considered if I ever go back over there is some public options. At least Im not out the $ for a lease payment if I do that. I need to look at Otter Slough and also the St Francis river. I think I understand how Otter Slough works. Not so much the river. I would think when the river gets out, it could be good. Just not sure if it's legal to hunt it.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
One thing I've considered if I ever go back over there is some public options. At least Im not out the $ for a lease payment if I do that. I need to look at Otter Slough and also the St Francis river. I think I understand how Otter Slough works. Not so much the river. I would think when the river gets out, it could be good. Just not sure if it's legal to hunt it.

Some CA's are only legal to hunt by boat when the river gauge gets above a certain level (Hornersville Swamp).

Duck dogn

Ruger I understand your pain lol every pond, creek bank and ditch gets leased for high dollar amounts and still don't kill ducks. Especially here in middle tn. I even talked to the Amish about a little water hole that had a few wood ducks, guess what even them peckerheads duck hunt🤣

Latest posts