Will the Braves win the NL East?

• Yes

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
This team looks dangerous since the trade deadline. No holes in the offensive lineup right now, and the defensive infield truly might be the best in baseball. Only question mark is some of the young starting pitching (especially with Huscar Ynoa coming back off the IL), but Touki Touissant was able to pitch 7 innings last night, so even there things are headed the right direction.

Mets schedule and deGrom's absence suggests they'll drop like a stone in the standings, but the Phillies have the easiest strength of schedule in the NL coming up. And the Braves are only 1.5 games ahead as of this morning.
Who takes it?

Last edited:

TreyB

Phillies are gonna be tough but the Braves go on winning streaks pretty routinely

Hduke86

The Braves are hitting their stride at the right time. I don't care how hot you are during the season cause at some point your team is going to run flat. I think the Braves are firing on all cylinders right now and it's going to make for a good run. I can't wait till they hold the World Series trophy this year. Lol I know putting the cart before the horse but I can dream

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
Now that I saw Huascar Ynoa's FIRST START back from the IL last night result in 5.1 innings of shutout ball (doesn't matter that it was just the lowly Marlins), I'm very optimistic.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
Snitker tried to outthink himself last night letting the Marlins, of all teams, crawl back to having the winning run at the plate after starting the 9th up 6. Hopefully it keeps him from using long relievers to close games from now on.

I don't like Will Smith's tendency to give up the long ball and walks. Unlike Luke Jackson, his slider is almost never thrown for a strike (unless it's a hanger). Falls behind in the count all the time. Really wish Rodriguez were given the 9th from now on.

Hduke86

Snitker tried to outthink himself last night letting the Marlins, of all teams, crawl back to having the winning run at the plate after starting the 9th up 6. Hopefully it keeps him from using long relievers to close games from now on.

I don't like Will Smith's tendency to give up the long ball and walks. Unlike Luke Jackson, his slider is almost never thrown for a strike (unless it's a hanger). Falls behind in the count all the time. Really wish Rodriguez were given the 9th from now on.
No joke, I almost had to buy a new tv last night. It was cool to see Freddie hit for the cycle. The man seems like a good dude.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
No joke, I almost had to buy a new tv last night. It was cool to see Freddie hit for the cycle. The man seems like a good dude.

Yeah, it inspired me to finish watching ESPN's hourlong feature on him that I'd recorded awhile back. Happened to be driving to the store but heard Joe's call on the radio when Freddie hit the homer to cap it off. As excited as I can recall hearing him.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
AA did a great job at the trade deadline. He put this team on course to win the NL East for sure. The real question is, cam they beat the Padres or the Reds in a wild card matchup.

If they win their division, they don't have to play in the wild card game, thankfully. Since the 2011 CBA, if you win your division, you automatically advance to the NLDS.
Since we'd probably be seeded #2 or #3, we might not have the worst schedule, right out the gate.

How about Max Fried tonight?! Stud pitched a complete game shutout tonight!

gobblegrunt

If they win their division, they don't have to play in the wild card game, thankfully. Since the 2011 CBA, if you win your division, you automatically advance to the NLDS.
Since we'd probably be seeded #2 or #3, we might not have the worst schedule, right out the gate.

How about Max Fried tonight?! Stud pitched a complete game shutout tonight!
Fried pitched a gem for sure. What I was saying is can the Braves beat one of the wildcard teams in the NL west. That is a very tough division! Looks like the Braves may play against the Brewers in the NLDS in the 2 vs 3 matchup. The Brewers in my opinion are a World Series Contender.

Hduke86

Fried pitched a gem for sure. What I was saying is can the Braves beat one of the wildcard teams in the NL west. That is a very tough division! Looks like the Braves may play against the Brewers in the NLDS in the 2 vs 3 matchup. The Brewers in my opinion are a World Series Contender.
If the Braves continue on playing like they are I say they have a good chance of making a deep run and Fried was crazy good last night. He could've pitched a doubleheader yesterday and not broke a sweat how he was knocking them down.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
I am done with Will Smith as closer. You expect your guy in the 9th will occasionally give up solo shots.

There's nothing occasional about Smith's giving up solos, these days.

THEdonkey0515

With Soroka I'm sorry to say it's been so long now that I about cannot remember what it was like.
Agree he may never be the same .

But the last time we seen a healthy soroka to remind what it was like

13-4..... 2.6era braves won 76% of his starts 175 innings piched 142 strike outs and was getting cy young talk.

CrossVolle

Agree he may never be the same .

But the last time we seen a healthy soroka to remind what it was like

13-4..... 2.6era braves won 76% of his starts 175 innings piched 142 strike outs and was getting cy young talk.
With his easy delivery and natural movement on his fastball, i think he is gonna be just fine once they get him completely healed. He's a big strong dude that isn't a max effort guy to begin with. Adam Wainwright had the same injury and he's pitched for about 35 years now lol