Wildlife Mgt Expert Resources Here

7mmWSM

Like you Big Dave we killed our does during bow season and then left them alone until the last week of gun season. My thinking was everyone around us was killing does all season long. I felt like our property was a sanctuary for the deer. If we had does then we had bucks. Our 4th week of season was just as good as opening day because of that. We were seeing deer all season long when the neighbors properties were pretty much done after the first week. If you keep the does safe you'll always have bucks.

Cheshire

I just wanted to say that I have been a member on this site for many years, but I haven't posted very much here. That said, I follow it everyday though. I felt it is worth noting here, publicly, that we are unbelievably fortunate to have some extremely valuable wildlife management experts (resources) who post here. Their education, experience, wildlife knowledge, and ability to communicate it well really stands out.

I haven't met them (wish I had though), but BSK and LBLMan stand out to me for such. Their posts, when discussing wildlife and land management is something everyone should pay attention to. I have a degree and even did my senior thesis on whitetail management in the southeast many many years ago (which was actually published in our college's archives), but the knowledge of folks on this site continues to guide and teach me.

While I don't own private property, I have managed my leases ever since I began leasing back in the late 90s. In doing so, I have always managed for a healthy doe population. The principle of "if you build it, they will come" is somewhat of my motto and has worked well. Many times on this site, people refer to much of the same principle. It has served me well and I'm sure many others too, but the insight BSK (and others who I may fail to mention by name but not purposefully) provides allows us all to focus on wildlife and land management combined.

I just wanted to say that I sincerely appreciate those who contribute thoughtful insights that help us all as hunters. We become better hunters and people because of it. Please keep providing such information well into the future. Keep hunting and spreading the conservation mindset too.

For those wandering, the attached pic is my best to date and one I took in 2014 after 8 years of management. Scored 146 and was 5 1/2 yrs old from Dickson County. Management does work - even on small parcels of land.

View attachment 125542
Very well said, couldn't agree more. I haven't been a member long, but have been visiting the site for over 10 years. I have learned so much and it has definitely made my a better hunter. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to post and reply

Latest posts