Wildgame innovations X6c

Jarred525

BSK said:
Just found this out about WGI cams. The 2009 model IR4 and the 2010 model IR4 were made by different companies. That's why the 2010 model IR4 is so much improved over the 2009 model.

In addition, the same company makes the both the IR4 and X6.

How do you tell if it is a 2009 or 2010 model (i.e. I want to make sure the one I am looking at on Gander's website is a 2010)? Thanks.

Jarred525

You would think the Gander one is a 2010 since it is on backorder but not sure. FYI I called today and they expect a shipment 8/20 for those who are interested.

A

Anonymous

:mad: I ordered 4 WI IR4 got them yesterday. I got batteries and cards for them today to find out that 2 of the 4 won't even turn on!!!! NOT HAPPY! :mad: Bass Pro better overnight me some new ones for free when I send these back tomorrow! :mad:

woodchuckc

I just got the 2 WGI IR4's in yesterday that I ordered from Midway (hard to beat $69 each for them - less than $150 for both including shipping!). I haven't deployed them yet, but I did set them up and took some pictures in the dark and in the light in my shop. I am pretty impressed with the trigger speed. Although I didn't measure it precisely, my impression is that it is no more than 2 - 2.5 seconds both in the dark and light, and picture quality is excellent especially for the price of the cams. I am going to tape over that bright red sensor LED that blinks before putting them out, though.

BSK

woodchuckc said:
I am going to tape over that bright red sensor LED that blinks before putting them out, though.

Good idea. You don't want anything drawing more attention to the camera.

A

Anonymous

mrk80 said:
:mad: I ordered 4 WI IR4 got them yesterday. I got batteries and cards for them today to find out that 2 of the 4 won't even turn on!!!! NOT HAPPY! :mad: Bass Pro better overnight me some new ones for free when I send these back tomorrow! :mad:

Well at least BP took care of me..they're sending 2 new ones overnight and fed-ex labels to send the bad ones back.

A

Anonymous

woodchuckc said:
I just got the 2 WGI IR4's in yesterday that I ordered from Midway (hard to beat $69 each for them - less than $150 for both including shipping!). I haven't deployed them yet, but I did set them up and took some pictures in the dark and in the light in my shop. I am pretty impressed with the trigger speed. Although I didn't measure it precisely, my impression is that it is no more than 2 - 2.5 seconds both in the dark and light, and picture quality is excellent especially for the price of the cams. I am going to tape over that bright red sensor LED that blinks before putting them out, though.

Wish I new this yesterday I would have took some electric tape to cover that light..good idea! I put the 2 working ones out in the rain yesterday. Was the first time this year I had been to my best spot I call Magic Mountain and its just that! They have DESTROYED the Trophy Rock but luckily I packed a new one in with me. Its one heck of a hike!

Jarred525

woodchuckc said:

Probably best price I have heard thus far on them, thanks good info.

BSK

Jarred525 said:
How do you tell if it is a 2009 or 2010 model (i.e. I want to make sure the one I am looking at on Gander's website is a 2010)? Thanks.

If the package says "external battery port" it is a newer model. If it does not say that on the package, it is the older model.

Jarred525

BSK said:
Jarred525 said:

If the package says "external battery port" it is a newer model. If it does not say that on the package, it is the older model.

Thanks! Going to call Gander now and see if they can tell me. I can't seem to beat the price of getting the battery and camera and 2 memory cards for 129 free shipping.

J.M.A.N.

Just bought an x6 from Poorfish.com for $87.99/shipping included last night. Went back to the website today and the price has been raised to $119.99 from $107.99 overnight. You can save an additional $20 by adding in coupon code SAVE20.

Looking forward to comparing it against my BTCs.

dmitchell28

I have had my X6c for about two weeks now and I am really really impressed with it. It takes really good pictures and the battery life on the double As are pretty good considering. It is easy to put in your backpack and take to the woods. And even when its on the tree, it doesnt stick out like a sore thumb like most of the other cameras. The camo and its small size, blend it right in. Someone would almost have to be flat looking for it to steal it. (I say this now and tomorrow it will be gone) I also have two of the wildgame D8d's and those things are awesome too. The Battery life on these are tremendous, even in cold temperatures. It has a long range sensory and a pretty long range flash. The pictures are really really clear also. I havent tried any of them on video mode yet, but plan to after the season. I do still have two of the IR4s, they are really good bang for the buck, but I have sent two back already and the two new ones are holding out pretty good so far. Once seems to get moisture in it and freeze up some but overall I am HIGHLY satisfied with the Wildgame cameras that I have!!!

J.M.A.N.

The WGI x6c has some of the best videos out there today...reguardless of the price range. I have had mine sense over 150 ft. Very pleased with this little cam!