Wildgame Innovations Complaint

dtwnn

kldeerkiller said:
My 2 older cuddebacks work great but every other camera I've bought over the years were a waste of money.

Same here. My old Capture has worked great over the years til this season. Now it is about to kick the bucket. Recently bought an Attack....recently regret that purchase as well.

SALTMAN

That's why WGI has some 2 packs , just throw one away when you open the package, saves postage, I have tried most all of them and if it says China on it , it's doomed from the getgo. Probably should have gone Reconx from the start !

TheLBLman

SALTMAN said:
Probably should have gone Reconx from the start !
To the surprise of many, going Reconyx, say 3 or 4 years ago, would probably have cost LESS, over the past 3 or 4 years time period, and you would still have a functional, reliable cam going into the future.

Trying to find the best value, over time, consider what you're losing when your cam isn't working properly or not working at all. How do you put a "price" on that? There is also the "price" of checking your cams more often because you don't trust them to be working properly.

What is the cost (your gas, your time, etc.) in just checking your cams? What was your "return" on investment when you find them not working?

Personal story:

About 3 years ago, after reading some favorable reviews, I made the decision to buy two Uway (made in China) cams for about the same initial costs as one Reconyx. Both units quickly failed, and I had cams out that were not working. They were replaced under warranty, each twice. A little over a year later, I had two Uway cams that still didn't work or didn't work properly, and decided to waste no more of my time seeking warranty replacements. In other words, total waste of money and big waste of valuable time. While this was the single worse experience I've had with any brand, I've had somewhat similar experiences with other brands.

I think it's a reasonable assumption that if I had simply bought Reconyx instead, I'd have been much happier, and have more working cams today, even if I had purchased fewer Reconyx units using the same money to purchase more "cheaper" units.

Latest posts