clams
venison
wild turkey
rabbit
duck
geese

BirdDog123

BuckWild said:
Wild turkey pot pie and backstrap medallions with either a juniper berry sauce or a bourbon cream reduction...haven't made up my mind yet.

Man that sounds good! I would love to have those sauce recipes.

I am smoking a roast wrapped in bacon with pineapple juice and apple cider in the drip pan to steam. Going to serve with grilled pineapples on the side.

BluegrassDan

Venison roasts in the crock even as I type.

18085_4898781116179_538016847_n.jpg

wildb1

BuckWild, can you share your recipe for turkey pot pie? I have leftover turkey I was thinking of making some mini pies with.

Thanks!

BuckWild

wildb1 said:
BuckWild, can you share your recipe for turkey pot pie? I have leftover turkey I was thinking of making some mini pies with.

Thanks!

Sure...if you don't mind waiting a few days...about to walk out the door and go hunting the rest of the weekend. :D :D

SuperX2

Broiled a dozen quail for Thanksgiving one year, fresh from a terrific bird hunt in Kansas. Extended family cleaned those little guys up LONG before anything else on the table! Huge hit - even among those who normally wouldn't touch wild game with a ten foot pole!

Still get requests for more quail, just haven't had an opportunity to take any since that trip...

Carry on, O Great Game Chefs among us! =)

TAFKAP

BuckWild said:
The wild turkey pot pie was off the chain...Wife says I'm gonna have to kill at least two birds next year. One for Thanksgiving and Christmas...

What recipe? Your own or the Field & Stream one with squash?

TAFKAP

Yep....it's a great one.

We don't like winter squash, but did it anyway. We were both surprised how much we liked it.

Latest posts