WHY??

OldFart

Why is RL19 so expensive? Probably $20. higher than RL17 OR RL21. My NOSLER handbook lists RL19 as the most accurate for two different loads i would like to try.

Remi

Noslers accuracy loads are listed for the lowest es/sd not actual accuracy on target.

I've only tried Rl19 a few times and never had any luck.

fairchaser

The more popular powders are more scarce and get marked up higher. But, you probably already knew that. 😀 I was at BassPro yesterday and they actually had primers, powders and even some Bergers. I was like wow. But Varget is like $60 a pound now. Maybe once supply catches up, the prices will settle down.

DaveTN

One of my LGS has tons of primers, and for good reason! Higher than boatdock gas.
Same here. Then they act like they are doing you a favor. :rolleyes:

I got a decent price on primers at Sportsman Warehouse (limit 300), but I had to go in and ask. Which I guess is better than nothing, if I happen to be out and in the area.

Jcalder

Same here. Then they act like they are doing you a favor. :rolleyes:

I got a decent price on primers at Sportsman Warehouse (limit 300), but I had to go in and ask. Which I guess is better than nothing, if I happen to be out and in the area.
One of the websites I watch gets primers from time to time, may have to order a few thousand next time they get some. I've got enough for now, but I don't wanna be hung out to dry in another shortage

fairchaser

Did you look at the prices on primers?

Sportsman Warehouse here in the Boro doesn't put them out and you must ask at the gun counter.
They were actually out on the shelf now. I picked up a brick of BR4's SRP which are pricey but I had a coupon. They had Federals, Remingtons, Winchester and a few CCI . But not all types for each one.

Latest posts