Who knows about various fletchings?

4onaside

What is the purpose(use) of various spins?, right, left, straight, fast(quick) spin, etc.? I have a bunch of aluminum arrows many of which need re-fletching, and I need some knowledge of which angles that I need, what does what, etc. I shoot 50/55lb wheel bows,right handed, fingers, with 2 bladed magnus heads(sound like a dinosaur don't I? LOL)

eddie c

straight or slight off-set for most rests these days(from what I have come across). do you want to match your other arrows?

BTW, I got a 6 slot straight Jo-Jan that will do slight off-sets if you want to borrow it.
we still got to get together for that cup of coffee.

DBLAARCHERY

The reason behind diffrent types of settings is for stabilizing the arrow quicker...I shoot a Mathew sq2 right hand...I shoot alluminum with right full heli fletchings...For me they are very hard hitting and acurate...

4onaside

eddie c said:
straight or slight off-set for most rests these days(from what I have come across). do you want to match your other arrows?

BTW, I got a 6 slot straight Jo-Jan that will do slight off-sets if you want to borrow it.
Eddie, the rest that I use is an old cobra spring type. The one that Chuck Adams always used and touted, well that is, until he got hi-tech due to hi-tech sponsors. LOL Do you remember when Chuck wore a plaid shirt and blue jeans and a sock cap? Those were the days before he had camo manufactures as sponsors.

WTM

if you shoot a prong style either straight or 4 degree offset. helical wont work, at least with the faster bows.

if you shoot broadheads the more twist the better, imo. you'll lose some speed though. if you shoot mechanicals then straight would do.

i use to shoot 4 degree offset, now helical, but i have a vapor trails rest.

eddie c

4onaside said:
eddie c said:

Eddie, the rest that I use is an old cobra spring type. The one that Chuck Adams always used and touted, well that is, until he got hi-tech due to hi-tech sponsors. LOL Do you remember when Chuck wore a plaid shirt and blue jeans and a sock cap? Those were the days before he had camo manufactures as sponsors.

yep, I remember those days.

Radar

I use RH helical to stabilize broadheads . As far as the difference between LH and RH goes , there isn't much at all . Just make sure all of your arrow are fletched the same.

4onaside

John & Teresa - EWA said:
Most finger shooters that I know prefer feathers since that shooting form had a more erradic flight coming off the string.
Well, I'm just messin' around anyway, which has always been my approach to archery. I've gone from gloves to releases, back to finger tabs, which I honestly prefer. The calf skin backed ones are much advanced over the ones we initially used. Not very long ago, I heard Bob Folkrod make the statement that "twenty years from now, I'll probably still be shooting wheels and fingers". Lately, I notice that he is no longer doing either. LOL However, I'll probably continue to use vanes, just for the convenience and durability.

Latest posts