who has taken a canvasback?

RAFI

I don't duck hunt but i got my stamp and shot one a while back.I got it mounted.Im not even sure if you can anymore I know they didn't have a season for several years.Can you still shot them?

Spoonbillmallard

Yes you can shoot them again. Last year they put them back on the hitlist. You can only shoot 1 per person. We probably killed 50 or so last year. We had our limit of em every time we went out pretty much. One of the best looking ducks around. Especially if you get you a big mature male. A buddy of mine has one mounted.

RAFI

Spoonbillmallard said:
Yes you can shoot them again. Last year they put them back on the hitlist. You can only shoot 1 per person. We probably killed 50 or so last year. We had our limit of em every time we went out pretty much. One of the best looking ducks around. Especially if you get you a big mature male. A buddy of mine has one mounted.

was that in Tn?

sneakboxer

Spoonbill speaks the truth. The sky was black with them at times last year. A fine sight to see. I will have a one on the wall as soon as the taxi finishes up.
Get after them but check the book as it was only one bird a day last season.
Shoot them up,

tickweed

Have taken many over the years on the Tennessee as well as the Mississippi rivers. Divers, but not really that big of a deal, however we did take one one year that was banded.

RAFI

tickweed said:
Have taken many over the years on the Tennessee as well as the Mississippi rivers. Divers, but not really that big of a deal, however we did take one one year that was banded.

im surprised they are that common in west tn.noone i know has taken one.i got mine in east Tn though and getting any duck here is rare according to most guys .lol

ClubHead

Ive killed my share of them Here in Tn.They usually migrate in all at one time in a week stretch.Hotspots are Ky Lake,BigSandy and Springville.They like to roost at the BigSandy mudflat and fly around every morning and you have 50 plus in your face if your in the right spot.

RAFI

ClubHead said:
Ive killed my share of them Here in Tn.They usually migrate in all at one time in a week stretch.Hotspots are Ky Lake,BigSandy and Springville.They like to roost at the BigSandy mudflat and fly around every morning and you have 50 plus in your face if your in the right spot.

want to tell me what week lol i screwed up and didn't get mine mounted flying and would love to get another one to mount.i deer hunt lbl and have wanted to duck hunt there but don't know anyone who duck hunts so i don't know where to start

rdwood

Picture quality isnt great. Its def. one of my favorite ducks.

1308858538.jpg

tickweed

RAFI said:
tickweed said:

im surprised they are that common in west tn.noone i know has taken one.i got mine in east Tn though and getting any duck here is rare according to most guys .lol
Well, we've taken several in the middle and north fork of the Forked deer, hunting flooded fields, and I remember a pair we took on the south fork years ago near Jackson, and as I mentioned before, they are really common on the West Tn. portion of the Tn. river. Before they shut the season down the last time, we where hunting alot on the Mississippi river, and seen lots of them. They are a pretty duck, but man, they can move. Its like shooting fighter jets!

Spoonbillmallard

Yea Springville is where they are at. We would kill our limit every day. It was nothin to have 50-60 over us 2 or 3 times the same mornin. They are really fun to shoot at too!!!! We put a hurtin on em this past season.

tophat

Josh I bet we killed 50 of them out of that blind I bet we did for sure have fun can't wait again this year looks like we will have a blind on ky lake.I got your dad that pontoon boat for a blind look forward to it.

Spoonbillmallard

Yea man I can't wait either. Maybe we can get together for the season opener down there at springville. And be sure and let me know when yall brush those blinds im more than happy to help. I happen to be an expert haha!!

Latest posts