who deer hunts with a 308

redblood

LanceS4803 said:
Absolutley, I use a .308.
Federal Premium with 165gr Barnes Triple-Shock.
Here is the view from this afternoon.

Petersburg-20121202-00044.jpg

are u waiting on a deer or a high ranking member of the taliban

BSK

stik said:
Bowd shoots a 308. if you don't actually hit the deer, there is no meat damage what-so-ever :D you don't get to eat it but no meat is damaged.

HA! Can't wait to ask her about that!

I shoot 150 grn Remington Corelokts and love the results. Just a nice double-the diameter exit hole, good blood trail, and dead deer.

LanceS4803

CharlieTN said:
If you don't mind, what's the specs on that rifle/Scope? Scope looks like my Weaver 3-15x50 EMDR.

Charlie

You have a good eye, that is the exact same scope.
The rifle is a Remington 700 5R, 20" threaded barrel, Seekins base and rings.

Maybe the deer don't know I've changed from MZ! Watched a young 4pt in the crosshairs last night from this same spot.

LanceS4803

redblood said:
are u waiting on a deer or a high ranking member of the taliban

Quite a jump from hunting with a bow earlier Sun morning, huh? :)

The field is really long and narrow, funky winds at the base of a big ravine. I get busted there all the time.
This rifle is intended for one deer, and one deer only. A crop earred doe that has outwitted me going on 3 years now. She is old and very smart, but distance may be my friend this year.

Bowdacious

BSK said:
stik said:
Bowd shoots a 308. if you don't actually hit the deer, there is no meat damage what-so-ever :D you don't get to eat it but no meat is damaged.

HA! Can't wait to ask her about that!

I shoot 150 grn Remington Corelokts and love the results. Just a nice double-the diameter exit hole, good blood trail, and dead deer.
I knew he would rat me out.
I use the same bullets you do. Complete tactical failure keeps all meat intact but can cause severe fit pitching in the shooter.....especially the second time. :)

Latest posts