White Mtn. carbine

Matador

Picked up a white mtn 50 caliber with an old 4 power wideview Redfield mounted on it. Really like them both. Gonna shoot it with scope to see how it shoots. I will probably pull the scope off. Just don't seem right having a scope on a sidehammer.

Matador

Yeah pretty slow. It will start picking up in about six weeks when archery season gets closer. I'm always looking during the off season, that when you find the good deals.

GMB54

Be aware that the early WMC 50cal is a 1-20 twist. That is really fast for a 50cal. They can certainly still shoot but it will likely prefer a heavier bullet and/or lighter charges. Very Late model year/s had a QLA and may be a 1-38.

Matador

Yeah, I was aware that the other one I had would shoot a heavy slug real well. Frontier Gander has posted about shooting heavy slugs in his also. Southernhunter, I wasn't aware they put the WMC out in a 54 Cal. I know they put it out in a 45 Cal.

southernhunter

I could be wrong but I thought I seen a couple on the traditional muzzleloading forum. I had a 50 with the fast twist. I never could get it to shoot like I wanted with the t/c Maxieballs so I ended up selling, I wish I'd held onto it and tried some of the heavy slugs in it. To my understanding the 54. Models only came in a 1/48 twist same as the hawkens etc t/c's.

drawforce

A friend bought one last year for $50 that had never been shot. We put 80 grains of pyrodex and a 240 grain power belt in it and at 50 yards off a rest first shot bullseye then I shots it same hole then a third guy shot it same hole.sweet shooting carbine.

bulld

one of the more accurate ML I ever had, open sightss, 90 grains powder, over 210 grains sierra .44 pistol HP bullets in sabot, shot 4" groups and killed many deer including my biggest TN deer 140", 11 pt

Latest posts