White Hots?

pb10point

They are the cleanest burning muzzleloader powder I have ever tried.They are also accurate in my knight rifle.I have a new cva optima v2 but have not tried them in it yet.Make sure you have a 209 primer,White Hots will not work with out it.

ImThere

They burn somewhat clean and are easy to clean with water but in no way do they compare to blackthorn 209

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PillsburyDoughboy

TRIGGER":1yfml5k2 said:
I couldn't tell a difference in white hots vs 777 pellets. They are both just as nasty IMO. I switched to BH209 and will never look back.

Ditto

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boone 58

TRIGGER":34i0enld said:
I couldn't tell a difference in white hots vs 777 pellets. They are both just as nasty IMO. I switched to BH209 and will never look back.

More details?..............I use white hots, how is the BH 209 better? is it better groups?.....very interested. I use hornady's in my CVA Accura V2. always looking for
"better". Is it a cleaner powder?

TRIGGER

Boone 58":2bjci4ho said:
TRIGGER":2bjci4ho said:

More details?..............I use white hots, how is the BH 209 better? is it better groups?.....very interested. I use hornady's in my CVA Accura V2. always looking for
"better". Is it a cleaner powder?

I too shoot the accura. With 777 and white hots after 2 or 3 rounds it's nearly impossible to get another bullet down the barrel. With BH209 I have never not been able to seat a bullet with relative ease. I swab often but forgot my cleaning supply's last year when I went to the range. Had 15-20 shots (new scope and was shooting at different ranges) and the last went in as easy as the first. All of this to say yes it is much cleaner and that makes it easier to clean the gun vs 777. Groups are better as well. One reason is you can run whatever load your gun wants your not limited to 100 or 150gr like the pellets.

GMB54

WhiteHots are the most expensive propellant per shot. You get 36 shots per 72 pack at a similar cost to 50 shots of Triple7 pellets. FPS is no better than Triple7 pellets and ive seen it reported as being worse than Triple7 pellets. Its slightly cleaner than Triple7 but hardly noticeable. Its also slightly harder to ignite than Triple7 according to IMR's data sheet.

I find it just as easy to load up tubes of loose powder at home to take hunting. The ease of pellets to me is a myth. I find it no harder to pour loose powder out of a tube as i do pouring two pellets out of a tube. The money i save using loose powder easily pays for the volumetric powder measure but i tend to shoot for fun also. Someone that just shoots a ML to extend their hunting season probably wont see much savings.

BH209 is better is every way vs pellets. The grain size is extremely uniform and can be weighed or measured by volume with good consistency. BH209 is the only sub that is completely safe to measure in any auto powder dispenser such as a RCBS Chargemaster 1500 Combo. Its very non hygroscopic and tolerates humid conditions better than any sub powder.

BH209 fouling is far less corrosive than any ML powder besides smokeless powder. You never have to use a water based solvent to clean it. I don't clean my centerfires with soap and water. Why would i want to clean my ML with it?

Cleaning BH209 to me is much easier if you run a dry patch or two first before using a solvent. Push the patch all the way through the bore till it exits. This removes the bulk of the fouling. After that you wont need as many solvent patches. 2-3 solvent patches and about the same number of dry patches will normally "get er done"

Latest posts