White Bass? Fort Loudon?

Atchman2

Has anyone seen any breaking yet? One of my favorite times of year when you can catch them. I managed ONE the other day trolling.

Harold Money jr

They've not started at all on Melton Hill or Watts Bar that I've seen. It seems you need a few 90°+ degree type days with calm winds to get to full schooling conditions. We've not had that yet on our lakes this year.

Atchman2

Thanks guys! I will keep on the lookout for them. I'm usually fishing near Carl Cowan park on Fort Loudon, all the way down to the Silo. One year we had 16 boats out there! It was so much fun, people yelling back and forth. I learned a LOT from the other fishermen too.

My wife loves it! She fishes an Alabama rig so she can catch multiples at one time. :)

I live just off Ebenezer so it is less than 5 minutes from my house to the lake. When they are breaking I fish almost every day!

JBell

We went on a bass trip to pickwick a week or two ago and saw whites come up there just before dark

Atchman2

I went last night to try and catch some from the bank. I have never seen so many fisherman out on the point at Carl Cowen! I went over to Admiral Park and caught a couple of Skipjack for bait right at dark. It was that largest one I've ever caught and what is funny is I caught it on my Ultralight with 2 pound test line. It was quite the tussle! It even pulled drag for a bit. :D

Atchman2

I saw five boats up at The Silo last night on Fort Loudon. I also saw some hitting minnows at various spots. I just haven't seen the big groups of them yet.

We caught a LOT of bream fast last night at about 8. I couldn't figure out why my trolling motor was acting funny, then saw the battery light come on-I forgot to charge it. :(

Latest posts