Which Browning semi=auto 12 gauge shotgun better?

Olevern

I own a Browning 2000 semi auto shotgun in 12 gauge and I like it; Purchased it a couple of years ago for $495.00 with a 28" vent rib mod barrel. Soon found that the barrel that came with it (a 3 " iteration) didn't reliably feed 2 3/4" shells (normal field hunting loads), so, went online and purchased a second (used) barrel in 2 3/4" mod (no vent rib) for just $120.00 delivered. Since then, the gun has been used (mostly for pheasant and grouse with the 2 3/4" barrel mounted, only complaint (and I've adjusted to it) is that the mod. choke is a little tight for close flushed grouse and I have to let them get out a bit to keep from destroying them for table fare. (I do , however, wish I'd held out for the same barrel in vent rib).

Fast forward, couple days ago ran across a Browning B-80 12 gauge, vent rib with screw in chokes, picked it up for (believe it or not) $425.00 plus tax and instant check fee.

Haven't shot it yet but not a big shotgun guy, wondering youall's opinion of the two guns.

Which, in your considered opinion is the better shotgun?

Union Co. Boy

In my opinion, the B80 would be the overall better gun. They are historically tough and almost identical to some of the 300 series Berettas. The problem with ejecting light loads were due to smaller gas ports. Sounds like it's working properly for you now though. Unless you are shooting 10's of thousands of rounds yearly, it should be good from now on. Congratulations on a great gun.

Latest posts