20 Gauge youth semi-auto

Jon

Can anyone recommend a good 20 gauge semi-auto gas operated youth shotgun for an 11 year old that can possible be upgraded to a longer stock down the road? Hoping to stay under 1000 dollars if possible.

Thanks,

Jon

Big Chief200

Look at the Franchi Affinity reduced length 20 gauge. It is not gas operated however it will shoot any shell you put in it and comes with the ability to adjust the length of pull. I have both the 12 and 20 gauge with thousands of rounds of light field loads and heavy duck loads with no problems. You can get the all black version for around 850 and the camo one for about a hundred dollars more. The Mossberg SA-20 gets good reviews and is cheaper. I just dont have any first hand experience with them like I do the Franchi.

Remington700

Look at the Franchi Affinity reduced length 20 gauge. It is not gas operated however it will shoot any shell you put in it and comes with the ability to adjust the length of pull. I have both the 12 and 20 gauge with thousands of rounds of light field loads and heavy duck loads with no problems. You can get the all black version for around 850 and the camo one for about a hundred dollars more. The Mossberg SA-20 gets good reviews and is cheaper. I just dont have any first hand experience with them like I do the Franchi.
This! Both of my girls have one and they have been flawless.

REN

Stoeger m3020 compact or Franchi Affinity compact are both awesome benelli clone inertia. almost impossible to break and very easy to break down and clean (that also has added benifit to kids so it easy for them to learn the workings of the gun)

Winchester Sx4 20 compact or Weatherby SA-08 for gas guns. Obiviously recoil less but that is a trade off for overall weight of the gun generally. Also more complicated to breakdown and clean and requires more cleaning then inertia

all of those are proven winners, there are other options out there was well that are ok those or just my personal choices as Ive had experience with all 4 of those guns (the standard versions)

Harold Money jr

I would recommend buying a full size gun then buying a short stock at the same time. I bought my boy a youth franchi (great gun btw) then had a biatch of a time finding a long stock. Things might have changed but that's where I went wrong. Btw if y'all are long barrel shooters like 28" then buy it first too. I ordered his with 26" and regretted it almost immediately. Depends on how big your son is and how long before he'll take off growing. Mine was 10 and about 4' then 2 seasons later he was pushing through 5' on the way to 6'1 in no time. A friend gave us a 391 Beretta and it might be the best light semi auto I've personally held.

CritterGitter

Attachments

• 20230705_110710.jpg
    20230705_110710.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 34

wildside

Can anyone recommend a good 20 gauge semi-auto gas operated youth shotgun for an 11 year old that can possible be upgraded to a longer stock down the road? Hoping to stay under 1000 dollars if possible.

Thanks,

Jon
I have a Viper. This comes with 2 stocks and barrel extensions. Love this gun after break in...

Latest posts