Where to go between centerhill or

Mr. Hawk

A buddy of mine has a boat and wants to go Wednesday. We haven't been in a while, where is our best bet right now to catch fish between CenterHill, Cordell Hull or the Caney. Open to other local suggestions if close.

Doecrusher

A buddy of mine has a boat and wants to go Wednesday. We haven't been in a while, where is our best bet right now to catch fish between CenterHill, Cordell Hull or the Caney. Open to other local suggestions if close.
Where'd you all end up going?? I fish Cordell hull quite a bit and haven't had much luck besides dinks and white bass. I mostly fish out of defeated but with all the rain we had kind of messed me up my last few times out with all the junk floating down. Skipjack were smashing baitfish all over. Debating on it or going to Dale hollow this weekend.

Sam Davis

Just seen this post. Hope they went to Dale hollow. One day on Cordell you might catch a few then one day struggle to get a bite. With all the rain and roaring river being a mud hole last week I'm sure it would have been a mess.
With cooler weather and less party boats I would definitely go to Dale Hollow from here on out.

Doecrusher

I've never fished a lake like Cordell. You'll go out and catch a few smallies and go back the next day and it'll all be largemouth. Especially the bluffs it's like they take turns or something. Or just how it changes from day to day with the flow and all the trash covering a cove that was free and clear the day before. I was out last Saturday and they're was a bunch of boats out but didn't see anybody catching mostly trolling but did get rocked by a few wake boats in the creeks. I cut my teeth fishing down here on the hull but I'm like 20 mins away so if I got a little time it's usually where I'll go.

Sam Davis

I've never fished a lake like Cordell. You'll go out and catch a few smallies and go back the next day and it'll all be largemouth. Especially the bluffs it's like they take turns or something. Or just how it changes from day to day with the flow and all the trash covering a cove that was free and clear the day before. I was out last Saturday and they're was a bunch of boats out but didn't see anybody catching mostly trolling but did get rocked by a few wake boats in the creeks. I cut my teeth fishing down here on the hull but I'm like 20 mins away so if I got a little time it's usually where I'll go.
It's also my local lake. Used to not see any wake boats or jet skis until last year. I definitely wouldn't be out there on them. The lake ( river ) is to trashy and dangerous.
Me and my friends think the main problem with the fishing is the Corp messes with the water levels so much. Especially this spring they let it get pretty much in summer pool and then pulled it down. They done that twice this year.They care more about Old Hickory than Cordell. They have ruined the crappie on Cordell.

Urban_Hunter

I've never been able to figure out cordell. It has topography and structure and good water… it has WAY less traffic than old hickory… but I have never had even a "good" day on cordell… nor have I seen anyone else have a good day there. I'm sure some die hard locals can do well… but man is it tough fishing for me.

Mr. Hawk

We ended up going to Cordell Hull, I took minnows and shiners both. Caught nothing on them but a small sauger. Ended up with one small smallmouth and couple very small largemouths, very slow, wouldn't even hit the live bait. I'll try somewhere else next time. Thanks for all the replies

Latest posts