When should I expect the Persimmons to drop?

TNLynn

It varies greatly. I found some dropping the other day and i have seen them hanging on in December.
Yep!! Most trees I've observed drop same time every year. One on my property never drops, opossum eat them till December. One i hunted for years would drop in early bow season and deer loved them. They would be so ripe they would bust open when they hit the ground.

DEDDY

I have 4 trees in my back field and they will drop from late August to December. My deer and every other critter Love them and will go out of their way to visit the trees. Killed many deer coming to and from persimmons.

BSK

Two varieties of wild persimmon exist. One drops early (primarily September into early October), and one holds fruit all the way into mid and late December. Not being a bow-hunter, I try to grow saplings from those trees that hold fruit all season long. I've watched deer feed under these trees all the way into post-rut.

In Nashville, I've seen persimmons already hitting the ground in the last week.

Ski

Any time from late August to February.
My deer just walk right past them.
Occasionally one will stop and pick one up but never stop and chow down.

Good luck!

That's exactly my experience. I've not seen the big attraction others report. I've seen raccoons going nuts for them but not deer. Like everything else I suppose it's situation specific. Every spot is a little different.

CliffordN

That's exactly my experience. I've not seen the big attraction others report. I've seen raccoons going nuts for them but not deer. Like everything else I suppose it's situation specific. Every spot is a little different.
I found a tree out in a field once that had a huge trail coming out to it. Just hoping this one produces.

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
I have different sub species of persimmons and they drop at different times. This one at the edge of my yard is loaded.
A56FBB5F-C026-49A0-A5FC-218FE2644BD1.jpeg