Wheelchair

backyardtndeer

My wife said she didn't think they had any, but she wasn't sure. She was going to check though when she got a chance. If she can get one, it would be free.
As strange as it sounds, can the doctor prescribe you one? I know people who had knee scooters prescribed in the past, cut their cost down to almost nothing.
Insurance would probably pay for one for him if it is ordered. I know for my mother, her rehab nurse ordered her a rolator(walker), and her Medicare paid for it.

huntintn

I'm hoping I wont need it long, gonna be on a walker but some trips are to long for a walker. Knee scooter is out because my leg must remain straight to prevent muscle drawing.

BlackBelt

If your leg must remain straight you will need a wheelchair with special leg extensions to hold your leg out straight. Those usually dont come with a regular wheelchair, but can be ordered. They are brand specific.

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
Get your Doctor to write a order. A medical Supply place can deliver one with the extension. If it's only a Temporary thing they will just charge insurance for a Loaner and pick it up when you're done with it.

BlackBelt

If you are on medicare the Dr. can prescribe one and it is usually delivered extremely quickly...often the same day or within a day or two depending upon availability. But you will need to specify that you need that leg extension piece.

hootywho

Hopefully your surgeon requested a limb protector from a local prosthetist. Most are designed to help protect your suture line and deter knee flexion contractures as your residuum heals. If not, a cheap knee immobilizer may be utilized accordingly.

huntintn

Hopefully your surgeon requested a limb protector from a local prosthetist. Most are designed to help protect your suture line and deter knee flexion contractures as your residuum heals. If not, a cheap knee immobilizer may be utilized accordingly.
Limb protector was put on today, the nerve block also wore off today.

Wiley

Thomas, I looked in my shop this morning and the chair that I have needs some repair. I saw that you may be getting one from your nurse but if not I will chip in with the other guys and we'll get you one. God bless you and you're still in my prayers.

Latest posts