What to use for trout

DecaturHntr

All good responses. I have done well on corn, powerbait, #0 Mepps, white rooster tails, and Rebel crickhoppers. I have also seen guys catch them at Lake Graham with small minnows. I love the winter stocking program.

Blount County Hunter

Rooster tails, black or white, worms, crickets, or corn, just gotta find out what they prefer that day, some days I have caught them on nothing but nightcrawlers, just mess around with a few different baits and find out what they are hitting the best

A

Anonymous

Another thing they really like are the Berkley power bait Trout worms 3" size in Bubblegum.. Caney Fork Trout LOVE them also!!

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
Anything that looks like a fish egg. Corn,little balls of cheese,marshmellows.I usally take a can of corn and a bag of colored marshmellows. Somedays they seem to prefer one color over all the others.In Germany they use little balls cut from a potatoe.Red wiggler worms always seem to work well.

catman529

Winter stocked trout? I borrowed a few pieces of powerbait (or maybe it was Gulp) supposed to look like fluorescent balls of corn or whatever...they loved it. However I will just grab a can of corn when I go because I'm sure it will work just fine.

The Harpeth River gets stocked tomorrow. Better to avoid the rush though and go a few days after.

Latest posts