What Straps Do You Like For Stands?

Jarred525

What ratchet straps do you find last the longest? Have you been successful with other types of straps or chains?

I normally use the cheap ones from Walmart but only get a couple of years out of them. Would like something more durable if it is out there.

stik

i pull the straps at the end of the season to get them out of the weather. so far they have lasted about 6 years.

Rubberduck270

I use the bigger sized ones from WalMart and I will spray them with White Lithium Grease when I do my stand maintenance in the Summer. Helps keep them loose so I can tighten or loosen them as needed.

I've them on 3 stands for about 4 years now. All of them still work just fine. I stay away from cheaper painted metal ones and opt for the galvanized ones, whether they are going on a stand or I'm using them for other purposes. They don't rust nearly as bad.

mr.hicks

Rubberduck270 said:
I use the bigger sized ones from WalMart and I will spray them with White Lithium Grease when I do my stand maintenance in the Summer. Helps keep them loose so I can tighten or loosen them as needed.

Now that grease sounds like a good idea! i cant stand those things hanging up on me.

Trevor2

Has anyone ever tried spraying the straps with a silicone before installation? I thought of this while reading this and just wondered if it would help them last longer and not dryrot so quick.

Latest posts