Food Plots what should I do?

Savage Knight

Ive got a field that I tried frost seeding for the first time with clover and chic. well the clover didnt do very good at all but the chic done amazing! I cant for the life of me get clover to grow good! after I cut it is there somethin I can spray that wont kill the chicory? I want to add turnips and wheat, should I lightly disc it, just top seed it or turn it all under and start from scratch?

drrxnupe

Spring clover planting is destined for failure. If you miss the frost seeding window (like i did this year), you end up with a half-a*@ spring planting. In my experience, fall clover planting is best because most of the grasses and weed are beginning to go dormant.

Great chic plot BTW!!!

longnosedoe

Fall clover sowing is best and I also wouldn't hesitate to lightly disk that ground and sow some turnips and wheat and also some more clover.

Hunter 257W

Every time I plant clover in the Fall, it triggers a 2 month drought and it all dies. When I plant in February I have better results but clover is always touchy any time of the year. I prefer to reseed lightly every year myself. I use about 1/4 of the seed compared to planting a full stand.

Latest posts