What kind of sleeping bag do you use?

moondawg

Since I camp mostly in cooler/colder weather, my sleeping bags are geared towards the colder temps.

I have a Slumberjack Ultrapacker Magnum that is rated down to 0 degrees. It is huge, I can put my clothes in there with me to keep them warm. This is my camping bag, as it's too heavy for backpacking.

I also have a Mountain Hardware bag (can't remember the name/model) that is rated to 15 degrees. This is my backpacking bag, but I also use it for other camping trips.

Both bags are synthetics. I know down would probably be warmer, but knowing MY luck, my down bag would somehow get wet and would be useless.

moondawg

Stovepipe said:
now this is all out of the window if your truck camping and don't mind the 27lb coleman bag :D

LOL! That's how I do most of my camping, so I don't mind the extra weight. If I'm backpacking, I'm taking the lighter bag.

citico_tim

For fall, winter and spring I have "Camp 7" down bag that was once rated to either 0 or 5 degrees, I can't remember. Honestly, I've had it for over 35 years and it's in very good shape and still keeps me warm. I also have a light weight summer bag but I can't remember it's name either. I'd go look but it's in it's stuff sack ready to go.

citico_tim

Panther78 said:
citico_tim said:
For fall, winter and spring I have "Camp 7" down bag that was once rated to either 0 or 5 degrees, I can't remember. Honestly, I've had it for over 35 years and it's in very good shape and still keeps me warm. I also have a light weight summer bag but I can't remember it's name either. I'd go look but it's in it's stuff sack ready to go.

35 years dang thats a long time for a sleeping bag! :eek:

Honestly, my dad bought it for me for a trip to Idaho when I was 14. It has seen a lot of country and held up well. Saw one on ebay awhile back and almost bought it for my daughters. I should have.

Latest posts