What is this??

DMD

I was hunting some TVA land. A new spot for me. While in my tree, i saw this thing. It was the knly one I saw..so I don't think it's someone growing pot. Is it an antler trap?? What you think?
1000019422.jpg

DMD

I couldn't see any. Got down at dark, so I didn't go investigate. That's what it looks like, but couldn't imagine tva doing that. Or anyone else on public land, but who knows.

Ski

If I were to guess I'd say a botanist experimenting or protecting a rare or endangered plant. My wife's company has a contract on AEDC and they are required to have a botanist on staff for this very purpose. They monitor the plants on site and when needed take protective measures. It's federally mandated as I understand. I'd guess TVA has a similar position.

DMD

If I were to guess I'd say a botanist experimenting or protecting a rare or endangered plant. My wife's company has a contract on AEDC and they are required to have a botanist on staff for this very purpose. They monitor the plants on site and when needed take protective measures. It's federally mandated as I understand. I'd guess TVA has a similar position.
Makes sense. Thanks đź‘Ť

Topshelf

Survey markers aren't only to mark boundaries. Who knows what the Tva could be surveying or even if that's from them.

Latest posts