what is THE BEST bbq in memphis?

WTM

what do you guys recommend? going to memphis to see my son. ive ate at the commissary and it was ok, they think a lot of it for 15 bucks for a sandwich, potatoe salad and nanner pudding. i like pulled pork sandwich or sliced brisket if its done right.

i like my sauce very hot too.

TAFKAP

WTM":2wj1q0eq said:
what do you guys recommend? going to memphis to see my son. ive ate at the commissary and it was ok, they think a lot of it for 15 bucks for a sandwich, potatoe salad and nanner pudding. i like pulled pork sandwich or sliced brisket if its done right.

i like my sauce very hot too.

Elwood's Shack for the "complete" BBQ experience. Best Brisket in Memphis.....I know, I can kick my own ass for saying that, but it's true. The fish tacos are what brings everyone in, but the pulled pork is better than most, as are the ribs.

Central BBQ wins my nod for "best restaurant", as it's big, clean, sells beer, and a bunch of sides. There are (3) locations around town, each with its own distinct personality.

Absolute best ribs, hands down, I'll fight anyone that says otherwise, is Cozy Corner. Order them dry.

Corkys is crap. Rendezvous is crap. And the BBQ Shop on Madison embarrassed me so bad one day to the point that a dude from Florida said, "I'll show you some really good BBQ the next time you're in Orlando".

Interstate is better than most, but it's so far out of the way, it's just not on my radar anymore.

TAFKAP

Cazador":1rqstd2c said:
What has happened with Cozy Corner? Since the fire have they no reopened? Or has their food gone down hill?

They completed renovations and moved back into their original location around October. They're blowing and going as always. New digs are quite nice, in fact.

Latest posts