What’s the deal with this deer?

PickettSFHunter

Time and date are correct. Is velvet growing and trying to push those spikes off or what? Just haven't seen this before. Only picture I got.

Attachments

• 418420C6-B722-42C6-BC53-B95E991CAFED.png
    418420C6-B722-42C6-BC53-B95E991CAFED.png
    1 MB · Views: 390

Grainger

Thanks for weighing in. Very interesting. I will need to ask around. This is remote area around the Fentress/Overton border.
Wasn't there a Red Deer herd that had escaped an enclosure up on the Northern. Plateau several or more years ago?

TWRA even had a special hunt for them post-deer season, only they all herded up in the woods behind the local elementary school, as I seem to recall.

I don't know whatever finally became of the Red Deer.

PickettSFHunter

Wasn't there a Red Deer herd that had escaped an enclosure up on the Northern. Plateau several or more years ago?

TWRA even had a special hunt for them post-deer season, only they all herded up in the woods behind the local elementary school, as I seem to recall.

I don't know whatever finally became of the Red Deer.
Thanks for the lead. Did some searching and found some info on escaped red deer around Claiborne County in 2011. That's around 50-60 miles straight line distance East of here.

KevinC

Looks like an Exotic Deer to me! Be nice to see a better picture of it. Definitely interesting to say the least! Thx for posting!

Latest posts