Weston home vacuum sealers

DaveB

Anyone have hands on experience with the under $100.00 Weston line of vacuum sealers? Kind of surprised to see a Weston brand at this price level.

I generally butcher and use plastic food wrap then coated paper to wrap and label meat.

Not so sure I am going to see any better results with one of these vacuum sealers.

Thanks

MickThompson

I've never had one last so I bought a Chinese knockoff for $40. Amazon offers a 4 year replacement plan for peanuts so I bought it- if it makes it 4 years, great. If not, the replacement is practically free.

Omega

I have the Food Saver brand now, but have owned a couple others. I got my latest model well under $100 on sale, and I prefer it over the one my wife bought, the V4440 because you can use less bag material. I used to use saran wrap then butcher paper, it could last 2 years easily, now at least 5, found that out accidentally.

This one is manual, so you have to push the button to start the operation, our other one is automatic, which needs about 1 1/2" to hit the switch, using more material per bag.
https://www.amazon.com/FoodSaver-GM2150-000-GameSaver-Wingman-Sealing/dp/B016C4KJQ2
81tpHzq7lQL.__AC_SY300_QL70_FMwebp_.jpg

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

whwood21

I second the Foodsaver brand. I have had mine two years and it sees fairly regular use. They are always having sales especially this time of the year. My in-laws have had theirs for at least 4 years and they use it all the time without complaint.

mike243

I have the auto foodsaver 1 and its easy to pull the bag back a little so you can make multiple seals if you want, I aint so cheap a xtra inch will ruin my day lol. when doing a lot it saves time for me. I am packing meat into another bag while the other is sealing. love to have a chamber sealer but this does fine for every day stuff.

X-Tennessean

What I have found with sealers is the bags!
I started using LEM bags vs Foodsaver and they make a huge difference, using the same machine I get a better vacuum and seal and do not have near the "broken" sealed bags that end up freezer burning.

I seal a lot of fish fillets and did not have good results at all with the FS brand bags.
I thought about trying some of the Weston brand bags this year.

Latest posts