Let’s talk vacuum sealers please

TNLynn

foodvacbags.com is the place to buy bags. Under $.20 per bag. I don't think they charge for shipping. They never have in the past. I have pint, quart and gallon. Quart size gets used 90% of the time. Gallon are huge. I like bags over rolls. Saves time and not wearing out heat strip sealing both ends like rolls. BUT- when I run out of bags, which will be a while. I'm switching to a chamber vac!

JCDEERMAN

foodvacbags.com is the place to buy bags. Under $.20 per bag. I don't think they charge for shipping. They never have in the past. I have pint, quart and gallon. Quart size gets used 90% of the time. Gallon are huge. I like bags over rolls. Saves time and not wearing out heat strip sealing both ends like rolls. BUT- when I run out of bags, which will be a while. I'm switching to a chamber vac!
Thanks for the foodvacbags info!

X-Tennessean

There are a lot of hidden variables that the some manufacturers will not list in the specs of their units, do your research!
For example: Foodsaver brand will not show you the wattage of the vacuum motors or the vacuum rating of the motors!
You want the highest watt motor and naturally a vacuum pump rating of 24/25 inhg or higher. Pay attention to the heat strip specs as well, 2mm vs 5-6mm on some brands and whether or not it has a cooling fan. The fan allows you to seal unlimited bags without the unit over heating....reason I am looking for a new unit as well! Aggravating to have to stop and let the strip cool before you can continue to package your product.
As mentioned the chamber sealers will be cheaper to operate (bags cheaper-wider range of operation) but cost more up front.

7mm08

Update on my Weston pro-2300

This thing will suck the chrome off a trailer hitch...... and quickly!!!!

I bought these bags as well from Amazon

thanks FTG!!!

Attachments

• 28E19471-4613-4923-85A6-61BDC3EC0F06.jpeg
    28E19471-4613-4923-85A6-61BDC3EC0F06.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 95
  • B2DD832B-DF5B-4A7C-A2CC-25658769CB1A.jpeg
    B2DD832B-DF5B-4A7C-A2CC-25658769CB1A.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 88

X-Tennessean

Update on my Weston pro-2300

This thing will suck the chrome off a trailer hitch...... and quickly!!!!

I bought these bags as well from Amazon

thanks FTG!!!
Thats the same sealer I have been looking at! Glad to hear your review. You get it off Amazon also?
Need to research those bags. I have been using LEM Maxvac rolls and super pleased with them but they are a little pricey.

7mm08

Thats the same sealer I have been looking at! Glad to hear your review. You get it off Amazon also?
Need to research those bags. I have been using LEM Maxvac rolls and super pleased with them but they are a little pricey.
I got both sealer and bags from Amazon. I was hoping Cabela's had it but they didn't. Really pleased.
I can't wait to LIGHT IT UP on a bunch of redfish/ trout and maybe next year a deer. I buy meat in bulk and vacuum seal meal size servings and even use the frozen 1# packs of hamburger as extra "ice packs" when we travel to the beach. In an RTIC they stay solid for the 7 hr trip.

Forvols

I have been using vacmaster bags for years, really like them. Couple of years ago I got the 8in and 11in rolls 50% off. So I got plenty. Yes it does take some more work cutting and sealing, but the deal I couldn't pass up. the rolls or bags are microwave and boil in safe also

John Harris

I have had the Weston stainless 2300 for 8 years. This year I replaced the teflon the first time. We process about 10 deer a year among family as well as other bulk purchased meats. I buy precut bags in bulk as well as rolls that I can custom size. I do like that with the 15" width and rolls I can vacuum an entire shoulder and lower leg as a unit. On some does, we can do the entire ham (for doing sausage or jerky later). I would purchase another Weston without hesitation.

Safari Hunt

I use a Ziplock bag and a soda straw. Close the "zipper" with just enough room for the straw. Exhale and then take a deep breath to draw out the air in the bag. Quickly pull out the straw and close the bag...all in one swoop. It works. Or put the fish in water and freeze them. Unless you are doing like John Harris with a lot of venison. Have a party and invite the family to help.
Never had too much to need a vacuum sealer. Good to have if needed.

7mm08

I use a Ziplock bag and a soda straw. Close the "zipper" with just enough room for the straw. Exhale and then take a deep breath to draw out the air in the bag. Quickly pull out the straw and close the bag...all in one swoop. It works. Or put the fish in water and freeze them. Unless you are doing like John Harris with a lot of venison. Have a party and invite the family to help.
Never had too much to need a vacuum sealer. Good to have if needed.
Once you go VAC, you never go BACK!
Fish is so much better vacuum sealed than frozen in water IMO

Snowwolfe

We have a Weston pro 2300. We have had it for 6 or 7 years and we use it a lot. It has been a good machine.

Own the same machine for at least 10 years. Had to replace the seal once and that was it. Great machine, would buy one again. I love being able to buy a roll of the wide bag material and vac seal pretty much anything.

Food Savers? After owning three I have the right to call them a total piece of crap. They use to much bag, and when they seal the portion of the bag they seal is very small.

X-Tennessean

lol is there a descent one to do fish that doesnt cost 500 bucks.
Trick I use on fish is to flash freeze them for a bit on a cookie sheet. Getting rid of the moisture seems to do wonders with my Foodsaver vacuum sealer.

Latest posts